• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The difference between Rhyno and Pig.

Loop

Par Member
I would like to know.

Other than the lack of bead on Pig... What is the difference between the Rhyno and the Pig.
They're both ridiculously stable, but is there a real difference between them?
Is either longer, more stable or fades more, etc..?

Thanks in advance!

Rhyno is much taller and larger in every way except the diameter probably making the grip different. The Pig handles much heavier winds than the Rhyno so when you start to throw Rhynos straight making them go 250'+ they will track and at times flip in the wind and the Pig keeps on not flipping and fading hard and being much shorter. The only way the Pig outflies the Rhyno is to flip the Rhyno to the ground or other untidiness. I have a hard time pushing the Pig beyond 220' even with skips and i've topped out at 260' with the Rhyno with flat releases. Both pick up distance annied for an s-curve but i only get a little more D and rarely with the Rhyno to around 270-280' and the Pig picks up more vs average distance topping out at IIRC 250-255'. YMMV based on spin because the Pig loves more spin and doesn't mind cannon level speed. So the power requirement for the Pig is way way higher than for the Rhyno. I can't keep the Pig straight long maybe 130' tops whereas i've had no fade low line drives from the Rhyno to 250-260'.

JR and Jesse are both right. I've been thinking about bagging the Pig again recently. I carried one for a while and picked up an ace with it but lost it and never replaced it, deciding I could cover those shots with my Wizards or my Firebirds. Definitely a fan of the Pig nonetheless.

If this is all true, why are people clamoring for a Champ Pig? Obviously JR is talking about a Pro Pig vs. Pro Rhyno, and I've only thrown a Champ Rhyno so I can't imagine something being more overstable with less glide. :shock:

Rhynos are very similar across plastics when new. Pro and R-Pro Pigs are what i was talking of i haven't thrown a Champ and the difference is huge. with 400' driver line drive D the Rhyno picks up glide and loses almost all of the fade. Not so for the Pig. If someone can make the Pig fly like a Rhyno does at 250'+=400' warp speeders i bet their driver D is well beyond 400'.

Latest posts