• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fail

My 5 color dye did not go as planned at all. It actually looks like a 3 yr old child finger painted on a disc:doh:
I'll keep trying...

Haven't got to the multicolor dye yet, but finally got my grey dye in and finished my first live photo dye. It's a pic of my daughter I finally finished on this Firebird.

th_IMG_20110818_090323.jpg
This is the pic and where I was before the grey shading I wanted to do

Here is the finished product. I think I could've done some more detailing but I am pretty damn happy with it :D
IMG_20110822_172308.jpg

I guess today it's my 2 Dye a day thread!! I am stoked about this one. Thanks again Dan for the tips!!!!

Marbalized Grenade TBird
IMG_20110822_210316.jpg

My 5 color dye did not go as planned at all. It actually looks like a 3 yr old child finger painted on a disc:doh:
I'll keep trying...

At least you were able to attempt yours... I can't find the Rit color I need locally to even finish mine...I still need a yellow!

At least you were able to attempt yours... I can't find the Rit color I need locally to even finish mine...I still need a yellow!

I found some liquid dye that is good at the local Michael's craft store. The lady stocking the shelves on the same aisle probably thought "What the h&ll is a middle aged guy doing pulling all the fabric dye out and looking at the #'s on the bottles"...:eek:

I found some liquid dye that is good at the local Michael's craft store. The lady stocking the shelves on the same aisle probably thought "What the h&ll is a middle aged guy doing pulling all the fabric dye out and looking at the #'s on the bottles"...:eek:

I had lots of extra eyes on me when I was at my local Joann's fabric store and sifting through the packets and bottles...lol... they were wondering why a man was raiding the shelf and I even had a lady ask me what I was doing...

My first piece of work for $$$ - some small bleeds near the bottom, but it came out well for being on X Plastic
picture.php

Another STRANGE batch!

Record-setting weekend!

If any of you who frequent this thread had discs in my to-dye stack, they will be in your hands by Thursday!

My arm, especially my shoulder, hurts worse from dyeing than it does from throwing. :( That's ok, soon I will be strong enough to crush a 150gram Polecat on-a-rope 500'. :popcorn:

I will post the other dyes once they are in-hand to everyone, but I can sneak you a peek at another STRANGE batch! Look closely for all the subtle differences that make each disc unique :hfive:

6074620925_6882f8ef41_z.jpg

Record-setting weekend!

If any of you who frequent this thread had discs in my to-dye stack, they will be in your hands by Thursday!

My arm, especially my shoulder, hurts worse from dyeing than it does from throwing. :( That's ok, soon I will be strong enough to crush a 150gram Polecat on-a-rope 500'. :popcorn:

I will post the other dyes once they are in-hand to everyone, but I can sneak you a peek at another STRANGE batch! Look closely for all the subtle differences that make each disc unique :hfive:

6074620925_6882f8ef41_z.jpg

lovin' the dye on the firebird and crush bennett :hfive:

You asked for it...

My attempt at a 5 color dye. I present "fingerpaint" :sick:

I guess it wasn't a complete failure, because I learned something. I used zip-lok bags to distribute the colored shaving cream, much like you would ice a cake. I also learned that if you let the colored cream sit for awhile, the colors become much brighter.

Attachments

• fingerpaint.jpg
    fingerpaint.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 104
My attempt at a 5 color dye. I present "fingerpaint" :sick:

I guess it wasn't a complete failure, because I learned something. I used zip-lok bags to distribute the colored shaving cream, much like you would ice a cake. I also learned that if you let the colored cream sit for awhile, the colors become much brighter.

You're right...it does suck. KIDDING KIDDING...I KID...I like it.

the challenge was meant to push you and to also teach you something about dyeing that you may not have known; which you did. The disc turned out fine but maybe not the way you envisioned. In the long run it still flys through the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts