• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First experience using vinyl. Pleased with the end result, but I had some problems. I had to cover some some streaks where I didn't go over the edges on the outermost circle. The vinyl soaked up the garnet and lightly dyed what was supposed to be white.

First experience using vinyl. Pleased with the end result, but I had some problems. I had to cover some some streaks where I didn't go over the edges on the outermost circle. The vinyl soaked up the garnet and lightly dyed what was supposed to be white.

Nice job, Alan!
I don't think the vinyl "soaked up" the garnet, I think you probably had the dye too hot by the looks of it. Don't rush it - if the pan is too hot to touch with your fingers for a few seconds, it's too hot for dyeing.

This is a commissioned dye that I did on a used disc. I told the guy that I didn't know if it would come out ok or not no guarantee. He supplied the disc. If it hadn't turned out would you give the money back or is warning him enough. Just want to know what you all do in a case like this.

Attachments

• IMG_9392.jpg
    IMG_9392.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 80

I like the effect it left and nice dye.

^ Perfect thread for a first post. Nice job.

Has anyone tried the vinyl from The Paper Studio? I picked some up at Hobby Lobby cuz everywhere seemed to be outta the Cricut vinyl. It comes packaged just like the Cricut vinyl but the package is black and it's a dollar cheaper. It looks to have enough for 6 sheets instead of 4.

I order my vinyl from signwarehouse.com I just got a 24" by 10 yd roll of Oracal 651 series for $22 plus $12 shipping. From TX to Oregon in 2 days normally. I can o a ****load of discs with this and 2 discs sold makes up for the cost.

Not a close up, but you get the idea. Plus she wouldn't put the thing down. :) My gradient technique is a little lacking, I threw a bucket system together quick and I couldn't wait to try it. I plan on fashioning something a little more permanent later. Pretty happy with the way it turned out.

254093_2069563985813_1446262848_2286081_7384848_n.jpg

Quick one for my nephew. Tried to leave a lot of bubbles on the dye but only a few worked. Not sure when it started, but randomly through our rounds he will toss little sticks at my feet and yell Grenade. Thus the reason for the Grenade disc.

Attachments

• Grenade.jpg
    Grenade.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 56
Quick one for my nephew. Tried to leave a lot of bubbles on the dye but only a few worked. Not sure when it started, but randomly through our rounds he will toss little sticks at my feet and yell Grenade. Thus the reason for the Grenade disc.

Ha! At least he's not walking behind you and ripping a loud stanky one and yelling grenade ;) If you want bubbles, shake the dye up REAL good before you pour it. Then you'll get plenty of bubbles that take forever to go away :wall:

Did this one today with the neon green. I haven't had a chance to take outside into the sunlight...but I've also included pictures with the UV light shining on it. This is what makes these neon, UV reactive dyes, bright. Sunlight has some UV light in it, so dayglow stuff brighter. I think I might dip the whole thing in neon yellow and see what happens...gonna wait so I can see this in the sunlight first tho.
IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

I guess my camera (phone) gets confused about the UV light...lol. It looks kinda like glow in the dark green.

Okay had a commision to do tonight so I got a couple personal one's done. The Honda Destroyer is the commision and I'm super happy with how clean the lines came out. The Green one is on an echo star kite. And I'm sure I'm just showing how big of a dork I am but the white one is for the Robert Jordan fans out there, loved this saying for this disc because it's a roadrunner which is my roller disc. My blacks came out kinda brownish, think I need to add some more powder to my dye.

11GESKsmall.jpg

12WCRRsmall.jpg

5PCDsmall.jpg

Not a close up, but you get the idea. Plus she wouldn't put the thing down. :) My gradient technique is a little lacking, I threw a bucket system together quick and I couldn't wait to try it. I plan on fashioning something a little more permanent later. Pretty happy with the way it turned out.

254093_2069563985813_1446262848_2286081_7384848_n.jpg

Wow dude, nice job. :thmbup: What's this bucket system of which you speak?

This is a commissioned dye that I did on a used disc. I told the guy that I didn't know if it would come out ok or not no guarantee. He supplied the disc. If it hadn't turned out would you give the money back or is warning him enough. Just want to know what you all do in a case like this.

Great Dye, do you have a file for that or so you hand cut? If you do I would love a copy of the file, I have 6 disc for a Local female pro and I am dying them all with dragons. And that one is sweet.

Who can do this? Hopefully cleaning the lines up
popegretz.jpg

With the font "the great one" underneath

Great Dye, do you have a file for that or so you hand cut? If you do I would love a copy of the file, I have 6 disc for a Local female pro and I am dying them all with dragons. And that one is sweet.

Yea I can send it to you tonight when I get home just pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.