• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my circle cutter. Smallest I can get in about 1/4 inch circle, cost me 9 bucks, worth every penny
IMG00275-20111230-1805.jpg

I have a similar one and I hate the damn thing. I can't use it successfully to save my life.

new Teebird that I did.
the marbling could be stronger...probably the multiple use dyes.

Attachments

• DCP_2190.JPG
    DCP_2190.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 67
How long did you let it sit?

I was gonna ask the same thing, since you used green and orange, both colors need 8+ in the cream to get a good color on yellow star plastic which I'm assuming it is. And the circle cutter does taking some getting used to, I've found it's all about pressure.

Got around to doing a few dyes for my bag.

picture.php

Champ Eagle-X-Double Headed Eagle

picture.php

SDS Destroyer- Megatron

picture.php

S-PD- Spawn

^^^ great detail on the Spawn, luv the crescent, nice jdw!

Northerndisc what's the max on that one? Mine's from exacto, goes out to about 7", not enough to do an outer circle on most discs.

Last edited:
I was just saying yesterday how I would LOVE a spawn dye, and hadn't seen one yet, and BAM!

Great work jdw!

Northerndisc what's the max on that one? Mine's from exacto, goes out to about 7", not enough to do an outer circle on most discs.

Ditto on the spawn, and my circle cutter goes out to about the same, but they did have a bigger one that I am thinking of picking up that goes to the edge of a disc. OLFA is the manufacturer.

This is a quick attempt to cover up a much earlier dye gone horribly wrong (it was originally a gears of war logo) on a champ destroyer for my son's bag.
champdestroyerremix.jpg

Nice dye revision. I've got a marbled Jimi Hendrix on a FLX surge that is fading, so will probably have to think of something to cover it up with soon.

My circle cutter goes to 12". got it off ebay for $4 and it came with 6 replacement blades. An amazing tool to use for all the dye hard hand cutters

i got it about 4 mths ago after I had a super fail attempt at a capt america dye. I did another flawless one when I got the circle cutter tool

I just ordered one. $4.95 & $2.95 shipping. Even if I end up not being happy with it, $7.90 is worth the chance. I've got loads of spare vinyl to practice on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.