• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The First Disc You Owned?

2001, i bought a dx wolf and a dx cheetah. followed by some random millennium disc at a gas station.

first disc----#3 hookshot! floater 167g.

2nd--polecat putter 150class.

3rd ching bomb driver

started playing in 2000, took a six year hiatus in 2002, im back since summer 08'.
disc golf is fu#%ing awesome, i love it.

first disc i ever owned was a yellow LS Polaris which I aced with when i was just using 3 discs. SO it is all beat up and hanging on my wall now

I found an innova ace (original issue circa 1986) on the course.

A week later I placed my first order for an aero, an ace and the brand newly released long distance driver : the whamo 91 mold.

Discraft Tracer. I think that was the name. :?:

I rememeber when the Xtreme was released and some guy told me it was very overstable. I thought overstable must mean really straight so I bought one. :oops: I could throw a dinner plate farther.

Discraft X-clone...and I only used it for thumbers (that's the only shot I knew). Second disc came soon after and was a Cyclone 2. I lost that one (out a car window) and then I got a dx Banshee, which was a awesome thumber disc...for a few throws. Throwing all thumbers definitely helped sour my opinion of dx plastic.

aerobie #1 sharp shooter

then i realized it was horrible and then ordered a soft apx (still in the bag), z buzz, d cyclone, x xpress,

DX Valk, Champ Coyote & DX Rhyno (Still have it, beat to shit) Those were my first Discs...I got them all at the same time so I consider them my first.

Champ Monarch :D and r-pro Aviar. Well my friend told me to buy a driver and a putter, and the Innova pages said the Monarch is good for beginners, and it's fast so it flies far, right? :lol:

Lost the Monarch to a muddy stream. Don't really miss it. Still putt with the Aviar. (Well, it's only been 4 months since I bought my first discs.)

In the last millenium when I first tried out the sport, I ended up buying these two. Then I used then for 2-3 rounds and took a 6 year rest from playing discgolf. Then one summer, my friend remembered that I had the discs and that he lived only 500 meters from a disc golf course. Needless to say, I've been hooked ever since.

IMG_3998.JPG

Its a classic roc and an eagle in DX.

My first disc was an orange Champion Classic Roc that I bought from a local sporting goods store for roughly $30. I lost it in a pond after just a few months but luckily got it back after almost two years of being missing. It's in rough condition but I'm not going to lose it for a second time anymore.

1st dx shark
2nd x avenger
3rd magnet

x avenger is still in my bag almost two years later.

Good topic...

DX Banshee, given to me by the old course pro and disc golf evangelist in Vancouver whom we call Bird Man.

The first disc I used exclusively for DG was a white Whamo Masters - 150 grams; that's about all what we had in 1975. Though one of my buddies preferred the 141g Whamo.

Don't remember what the first disc I owned was. I know it was a champion driver that I found in the lake at Scottsdale. I think the first disc I bought was a green pro shark. That disc has now been quite a few friends first disc.

I didn't know what I was doing when I bought my first batch, so.... Star Wraith, Star Sidewinder, DX Spider and a Champ Coyote. No putter :oops:

Latest posts