• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Innova only pays bonuses for A-Tiers and above, and some players have negotiated a higher-than-normal rate for Worlds wins, from what I understand.

I've read previously that Innova does pay a small amount (few hundred bucks) for a win at a B-Tier. First place only, nothing else (for B-tiers).

That can't be right. So Mcbeth made 144k last year?

No one other then probably Dave D, Mcbeth and his family probably have any idea.

Frankly, I think 144k is low. Between sig series royalties, Tour Series sales (thru the roof), PDGA winnings/innova bonuses for said winnings I bet its more then that. That's also not counting any breaks or perks he might get toward his touring expenses. You think he wrapped his massive tour trailer from this year with Innova logos everywhere for FUN?

All I know for sure is that at some point last year McBeth posted here on DGCR a pretty tongue in cheek question that suggested he made over 100k in disc golf income in 2014. Its not anything for sure to go off of, but this is the thread for rampant speculation, and the way he said it made me take him at his word.

Climo has also said that he gets 25 cents for every Climo signature disc that Innova sells.

Two things wrong here.

1. KC was given a salary and no longer receives the quarter per deal.
2. It was produced, not sold. Huge difference.

Thanks for the correction. Admittedly, my info was old, off an ancient (Clash?) video.

I forgot about the royalties. I bet Innova sells a ton of his discs.

No one other then probably Dave D, Mcbeth and his family probably have any idea.

Frankly, I think 144k is low. Between sig series royalties, Tour Series sales (thru the roof), PDGA winnings/innova bonuses for said winnings I bet its more then that. That's also not counting any breaks or perks he might get toward his touring expenses. You think he wrapped his massive tour trailer from this year with Innova logos everywhere for FUN?

All I know for sure is that at some point last year McBeth posted here on DGCR a pretty tongue in cheek question that suggested he made over 100k in disc golf income in 2014. Its not anything for sure to go off of, but this is the thread for rampant speculation, and the way he said it made me take him at his word.

McPro plastic is pretty stellar. A lot of it is definitely name, but the discs are great throwers in their own right.

HUH...
Paige is un-sponsored ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
12647474_972671312824550_5680259392328891620_n.jpg

Yeah we wanted to start talking about that on page 55.....but you know how things go with threads on this forum XD

Yeah we wanted to start talking about that on page 55.....but you know how things go with threads on this forum XD

Oh yes it's been on and off many many times, Ive been here a while too

This is some pretty rich gasoline for the fire tho

It's bizarre.

My take on the situation is that she is still under contract with Prodigy for another year. She wants to be on the DD team but can't so she is going out of her way to not promote the company that won't let her go. Am I in the ballpark?

It's bizarre.

My take on the situation is that she is still under contract with Prodigy for another year. She wants to be on the DD team but can't so she is going out of her way to not promote the company that won't let her go. Am I in the ballpark?

It's a plausible story for sure.

Is that really a smart move for Paige tho? This happens to athletes in bad contracts all the time (usually for a lot more money tho). You think you have a bad deal, but you can't get out of it. You're stuck with the contract you have for now, so shouldn't you just be professional about it?

It makes sense. the Pro Tour folks are a class act and I'm sure talked to Paige about the logo to put on her card. She hasn't made any new announcement, so they went with blank. It could have said Prodigy, but it Doesn't.
Maybe they're just having fun with all of us by waiting, but nonetheless it's another chance to rep Prodigy and she snubbed them again :)

I have a very strong feeling she is Dynamic Discs sponsored this year. I'd take on a wager with someone for fun if anyone wants to get in on it. ;)

I don't think she's even ramped up playing this "new year". I feel it's still her off season till some big tourneys start coming up.

I have a very strong feeling she is Dynamic Discs sponsored this year. I'd take on a wager with someone for fun if anyone wants to get in on it. ;)

I don't think she's even ramped up playing this "new year". I feel it's still her off season till some big tourneys start coming up.

Is she playing the Memorial? Or at La Mirada? Coming soon...

All these are interesting points but sounds like a tempest in a teapot to me. Prodigy featured her in their 2016 team video. So that pretty much lays to rest any speculation for at least this year.