• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Mcbeth brings in $ to innova.

Wtf does Zoe do? Seems like a really nice person but her smashbox segments often were so abstract and out there i felt like i needed to be on something just to get on her level.

Sponsorships are not about giving someone free **** and $ just to survive. I wouldn't even want those kind of people on my team honestly.

Yeah, F those players with dreams of earning a living wage. Stop negotiating offers unless your winning titles. What a bunch of greedy entitled aholes!

Yeah, F those players with dreams of earning a living wage. Stop negotiating offers unless your winning titles. What a bunch of greedy entitled aholes!

So is it up to those players to make that happen or is some fake DG career suppose to be handed out by sponsors?

Its been shown that disc golf isnt really a way to make a living unless you are at the very top which even then requires a lot of work and well.... Whatever'

I for sure cannnot wait for the Zoe signature stamp!

Besides, if you want to get paid go with Lat64. They seem to have a better deal than anybody save Innova's Star Team/McBeth.

So is it up to those players to make that happen or is some fake DG career suppose to be handed out by sponsors?

Its been shown that disc golf isnt really a way to make a living unless you are at the very top which even then requires a lot of work and well.... Whatever'

I for sure cannnot wait for the Zoe signature stamp!

It is up to them. Zoe did something to receive an offer from Innova that was good enough that she decided to leave Legacy. What exactly it is that she did to earn the offer is between her and Innova. I'm just making the point that anyone trying to say she should ignore the better offer and stay where she is out of some sense of loyalty is ridiculous. These aren't players making decisions over the amount of disposable income they get out of the deal. These are players trying to stay on the road and achieve their goals in the sport.

Clearly you and I don't know dollar amount or other benefits. But whatever was offered appears to be better than whatever Legacy was willing to offer. At that level you take it.

It'll be interesting to see if Zoe makes any significant improvement this year. If those goosebumps meant a certain dollar amount in touring funds, and if that translates into victory.

I thought Zoe was going to focus more on giving lessons and training others. Maybe transitioning into working on EDGE would be a good fit for her.

The envelope from Innova had cold cream, hence the goosebumps.

I can't believe someone called Innova the Evil Empire, really?

The fact that we now hang on every Pro's every move lets us know more about them than is probably healthy. In the sports world, outside disc golf, manufacturers make products in third world countries using child labor. Their sponsored players beat their wives and act like donkeys in public. Keep in mind that they are ushered through life by handlers who are there to make them look good. They take drugs and hormones to enhance their game and get an advantage and they think they are a gift to those around them.

I'm kind of proud of our Pros, even Nikko, who clearly cares about the world around him and those he hangs with.

I thought Zoe was going to focus more on giving lessons and training others. Maybe transitioning into working on EDGE would be a good fit for her.

Yeah, she's going to be doing lessons. The other things I would be interested if I was looking to sponsor her is she instructed at a big corporate event at Intel last year, will be doing that again this year and has said others corporate events might be in the works, she's been working with some of the Colleges in Oregon to get them more involved with disc golf, she's a big influencer on The Women of DGOD and the Chick Flick which are respectively one of the biggest Women's disc golf clubs and one of the biggest Women's amateur disc golf tournaments, and she also reaches a decent sized audience by being a contributor on Smashboxx. That's a lot of points of contact to get your brand out there. Some of the points of contact are also potentially lucrative.

Last edited:
The envelope from Innova had cold cream, hence the goosebumps.

I can't believe someone called Innova the Evil Empire, really?

The fact that we now hang on every Pro's every move lets us know more about them than is probably healthy. In the sports world, outside disc golf, manufacturers make products in third world countries using child labor. Their sponsored players beat their wives and act like donkeys in public. Keep in mind that they are ushered through life by handlers who are there to make them look good. They take drugs and hormones to enhance their game and get an advantage and they think they are a gift to those around them.

I'm kind of proud of our Pros, even Nikko, who clearly cares about the world around him and those he hangs with.

Generalize much?

Yes, because money is what's most important in life. How silly of me.

What's silly is that you think people shouldn't be maximizing their earning potential. Particularly someone who is just trying to make a dream work.

If a move to Innova gives Zoe the opportunity to play more tournaments, if that really is her desire, I think that it's great for her. Or if she just wants to supplement her income, or the size of her disc collection, good for her.

I totally get the loyalty thing, but if she's improving her life, that's her busines.

Finally, does she have anything to do with that Zoey 101 disc golf episode? :p

Edit... Was posting at same time as you, Pbmercil. Very similar thoughts.

Last edited:

Latest posts