• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Someone in the Memorial thread said she is rocking a mixed bag. Perhaps she's in a weird limbo of waiting for her prodigy contract to expire and not wanting to break it by endorsing other brands yet.

I would believe that would have to be a breach of contract. I really doubt that she would be throwing a mixed bag if they are still have her under contract. Then again if she did throw mixed bag, I could see them not giving her any support and are just locking her in from taking another sponsor and any of her diehard fans away.

I would believe that would have to be a breach of contract. I really doubt that she would be throwing a mixed bag if they are still have her under contract. Then again if she did throw mixed bag, I could see them not giving her any support and are just locking her in from taking another sponsor and any of her diehard fans away.

Well I think that we all must tune in today to Smashboxx TV and see what se is throwing first hand.

I guess the non-forum readers don't know the difference. To me though, seeing that she won't support them even though they're paying her speaks volumes.

I think it makes Paige look way worse then Prodigy to me. She's under contract and for her own reasons (whatever they are) decides to say "f em" instead of taking it like a professional adult and biding her time, the way athletes in any other sport do when they aren't happy with their contract.

Its easy to forget that it is very early in the year and this situation could get resolved soon, but it's good drama in the meantime

How many NFL players don't report to training camp each year in an effort to secure a better contract?

A lot. But 99.9% of the time they come to an understanding before the season starts.

Can Camcellor was the first player to hold out during games that I can remember in a long time, and he ended up playing without a new contract, which usually happens to hold outs. Players don't usually skip games over contracts. Its not exactly what Paige is doing, but its a pretty close comparison.

A lot. But 99.9% of the time they come to an understanding before the season starts.

Can Camcellor was the first player to hold out during games that I can remember in a long time, and he ended up playing without a new contract, which usually happens to hold outs. Players don't usually skip games over contracts. Its not exactly what Paige is doing, but its a pretty close comparison.

Hard to compare NFL (or any team sport) players to an individual sport. And it should be clear by now that no one knows what Paige's situation is with regard to Prodigy, or more likely those that know aren't talking about it (nor should they). It very well could be she's out of her contract with them in terms of having to use or promote their products but there are mitigating circumstances that prevent her from signing with another company...say, she still owes a stake in Prodigy and can't sign until she sells it or her contract had a no-compete for breaking it early or something. We may never know nor are we really entitled to know.

I think it makes Paige look way worse then Prodigy to me. She's under contract and for her own reasons (whatever they are) decides to say "f em" instead of taking it like a professional adult and biding her time, the way athletes in any other sport do when they aren't happy with their contract.

Its easy to forget that it is very early in the year and this situation could get resolved soon, but it's good drama in the meantime

You mean like the guys who don't show up from the opening of training, or who whine about it to the press? Cripes, I've seen some of the top Pros in sports pull some pretty fun stuff.

Don't know much about Paige, but boy is this fun.... :popcorn:

Personally, I think Koling is preggers with her love child. Yes, Paige is an alien. She's trying to start her own line of flying saucers so she can conquer the world, one disc golf tournament at a time.

At the Memorial today Paige is wearing Nike logos on her clothes, a HandEye hat and carrying an UPD bag. No idea what she's throwing

Terry said that PP threw a Judge off the for hole 4 at Vista. Looks like a mixed bag at minimum if not all Swedish plastic, given the mention of eMac being tagged in lots of stuff lately with her...

I noticed that judge comment, but she also just threw an m2. Do sponsors give you a mixed bag grace period when u switch? Also don't remember her rocking an upper park bag last year

Well she's definitely thrown an m2 and what looked like a PA4...so mixed bag. I have to believe if she was free of prodigy she would have signed with some other manufacturer. Given that she has no Prodigy logos anywhere, I'm guessing she's unhappy with the contract she's in and protesting. I'd be very curious to find out the specifics, but I have a funny feeling we never will.

I dont think she would throw unfamiliar discs just to protest a contract, looks like she's made the move to trilogy. If I was to switch brands my go to mid and putter would be the last discs I would replace too

I noticed that judge comment, but she also just threw an m2. Do sponsors give you a mixed bag grace period when u switch? Also don't remember her rocking an upper park bag last year

She used the Prodigy bag like all the other Prodigy players last year.

Rick used a mixed bag at the Aussie Open last year, but that was a lot different. His contract with Prodigy had expired and his Lat 64 deal was all but done, but they wanted to make the big announcement at the Memorial a few weeks later.

I would hope not. Would you discuss the terms of your job's contract?

Most of the time not, but it really depends on what's going on behind the scenes. What it's beginning to look like is she's still technically under contract and asked to be released, but they refused. I would think if that wasn't the case, she'd be having some manufacturer's logo on her stuff. If she's unhappy enough, I could see her being open about what's going on and her displeasure in order to get some public sentiment behind her and potentially force prodigy's hand, but that doesn't strike me as consistent with her personality.

I'm guessing there's some ambiguity in her contract that's allowing her to throw a mixed bag while still "technically" under contract. Something like she's forbidden to promote any other manufacturer or use their logos, but isn't specifically prohibited from throwing their product. So she's taking advantage of that to show her displeasure with not being released while specifically not promoting prodigy.

Latest posts