• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Just let her go. This situation is messy for everyone involved.

maybe you weren't following... non-competes are very common. I have one. I can't quit and then work in the same facilities for another company for 24 months. this is very similar. i wouldn't be surprised at all if she broke the contract early, voluntarily, she would lose out on whatever stake in the company they had. it was a cool concept to start, but makes it tough to leave if you want to. seems to my why she's listed KEEN and not any disc manufacturer at all.

maybe you weren't following... non-competes are very common. I have one. I can't quit and then work in the same facilities for another company for 24 months. this is very similar. i wouldn't be surprised at all if she broke the contract early, voluntarily, she would lose out on whatever stake in the company they had. it was a cool concept to start, but makes it tough to leave if you want to. seems to my why she's listed KEEN and not any disc manufacturer at all.

I am all too familiar with Non-Compete clauses. My point is Prodigy should allow her to leave. (hurts to say as a Prodigy lover) It's just ugly for both sides.

With her attitude deteriorating, it's not doing them any favors keeping her. And she obviously doesn't give a flying flip for them anymore. Let the nastiness go away and let her go. It's only hurting the brand having her consistent disrespect.

Side note: We obviously do not know the whole story. I'm not trying to dog Paige here, she may be very founded with some negativity going on behind the scenes. But, the public spill-over is unbecoming.

If no competes are common in disc golf then why did Ricky get a sponsorship so fast?

For the record I'm doubting there is a no compete clause in Paige's contract. There are other things at work there that I'm sure we will all find out eventually.

If no competes are common in disc golf then why did Ricky get a sponsorship so fast?

For the record I'm doubting there is a no compete clause in Paige's contract. There are other things at work there that I'm sure we will all find out eventually.

Ricky prob was at the end of his contract so the no compete clause wouldn't affect him.

Interestingly, the thing that has most made me want to throw a Prodigy disc, at least since the initial hype, is the fact that PP is continuing to throw the M2, even though she doesn't have to anymore.

Interestingly, the thing that has most made me want to throw a Prodigy disc, at least since the initial hype, is the fact that PP is continuing to throw the M2, even though she doesn't have to anymore.
She's most likely still has Prodigy discs in her bag because she has grown accustomed to them. It's hard to completely change your bag from one company to another quickly. Heck it was hard for McBeth to just replace his Innova discs after his bag got stolen. When top pros were first switching to Prodigy, the pros still had a few discs from their old sponsors in their bags. Plus once discs get beat in how they like they're even harder to replace with new plastic. Perfect example, Cameron Colglazier still had a Roc in his bag in his first Prodigy ITB video. That was a couple months after his sponsor switch. He even talks about already having beat up versions of Prodigy discs at that point. Plus it would be a stupid decision if Paige switched all her discs to ones she didn't know nearly as well, especially for a tournament as big as the Memorial.

Ricky prob was at the end of his contract so the no compete clause wouldn't affect him.

I can't imagine the original elite prodigy teams' (the ones who were going to take over the world and all) contracts being to much different from each other. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if there were drastic differences.

Looks like the PDGA homepage slightly shifted their photo of Paige so that you cant see large Prodigy logo on her back.

I've only watched about 1:15 of the Round 2 footage, but so far they've mention about 1/2 a bag... M2, PA4, 150g PA1, Convict, Harp, St. Pro, Judge.

The big group of initial signings (top players anyway) all signed two year deals. Ricky's and Paige's first deals both expired in January of last year. Paige re upped for TWO more years. Rick went to latitude.

As stated before, the non compete would only be in effect if she broke her contract before the end of its time. So if she reupped for two years then she would still be under contract until the end of this year. She can throw and do what she wants, but she cannot advertise for other companies and probably forfeits all bonuses that come from winning that Prodigy would pay. This happens in TV and Radio all the time, especially local stuff. You can't just break your contract with the local NBC news and be on the same cities CBS news the next day. But if you leave the current market you are free to start another job right away, although some are outright no competes until the time of your original contract expires, no matter where you go.

Im going to get mocked for this because Im such a fan that I know about this, but its the same with WWE wrestlers.

It happened 12 years ago with Brock Lesnar. When he left WWE, he had to take them to court just to let him wrestle in Japan. The same recently with Rey Mysterio.

Basically, they are still allowed to work small independent shows for "x" amount of time so as long as those shows arent showing on TV, PPV or iPPV.

No competes seem vengeful but they arent....they arent trying to deny someone a living, just trying to prevent a competitor from profiting off your companies hard work and support.

As odd as it sounds I have experience with non-competes.

In the home decor industry it's not uncommon for people to give reps a limeted non-compete for a time.

So if you sell lighting, your reps can sell rugs or sofas from whoever, you don't care.

But even if they leave you, they might have it in their contract that you can't sell anyone else's lighting for a time period.

Jimmy John's 'Oppressive' Noncompete Agreement Survives Court Challenge

As The Huffington Post first reported in October, the agreement is quite shocking in its scope. An employee who signs it agrees not to work for a competitor -- defined as any business that derives at least 10 percent of its sales from sandwiches and that is located within three miles of any Jimmy John's outlet -- for a period of two years following the employee's departure from Jimmy John's.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/10/jimmy-johns-noncompete-agreement_n_7042112.html

Can anyone else please offer an anecdote about non-compete clauses and what they're used for?

I have a non compete clause in my employee agreement. I work for a manufacturing facility and due to my position I have access to both financial and trade secret material that is confidential. I am not allowed to work for a competitor both wholesale or manufacturing for two years from my date of employment termination. I am also restricted from working for customers due to my financial knowledge of the company.

I have a non compete clause in my employee agreement. I work for a manufacturing facility and due to my position I have access to both financial and trade secret material that is confidential. I am not allowed to work for a competitor both wholesale or manufacturing for two years from my date of employment termination. I am also restricted from working for customers due to my financial knowledge of the company.

I could be wrong here but I think that this employment agreement (non-compete) is illegal. You have a skill and may be hard-pressed to find employment if you ever were to leave your current employer... again, I'm not sure of the details here, but a company CAN NOT restrict you from earning a living at your trade.

Latest posts