• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Lost a Dye Thread

zbuzzz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

z buzzz. one of my first dyes. Mt. Airy #15

I could fill up a couple pages with all the dyed discs
I've lost in my 2 1/2 years of dying:wall:

hey ,this is a good idea.

especially considering i lose ALL MY ****ING DYE JOBS.

that's why i'm not doing them right now. i get SO angry and worried if i have to look for one. huge time investment and personal effort, all lost.

I could probably fill up several pages with lost discs as well. But this disc was dyed for a local who lost it about 3 weeks after he got it.
1zel8p1.jpg

Lost 2 years ago. Name on back rim I think. Luckily that's the only dyed disc that has stayed lost.
RedPanda.jpg

I'll post my FIRST lost disc, and the LAST time I shipped without insurance.

Hand-cut. Hours and hours.

The worst part is, customer received the packaging, empty....I'd rather think the whole damn thing was lost than to get the package all torn and hollow....

3985540240_63ba20550c.jpg

6041875788_d883971a5b_b.jpg

882cb461-6dbf-4f55-8828-49f0297cb38a_zpsafbc1ea6.jpg

lost this a couple weeks after i finished it.

IMG950053ffx_zpsea913327.jpg

raged so hard after i lost both of these. i don't want to ask someone else to cut out an image for me and i don't have money for a plotter, so everything i do is cut by hand. it gives me a real sense of reward, since i don't have the talent to draw my own ideas i figure i need to at least do SOMEthing myself, even if it is just tracing.

ugh.

Here's a few:

Forgot to pick this one up after an upshot:

Chucked this one into a steep ravine @ Brent Hambrick while in Columbus on business:

And White Clay Creek, Hole 4, has taken both of these, as she can be a cruel and selfish b*tch:

Last edited:
A small glimmer of hope in an otherwise bummer thread......... I lost my main driver....my Star Roadrunner, with a dye of my wife's eyeball......yes, my avitar. The good news is that it was lost on a private course and I'm hoping that once the leaves fall and the underbrush dies off it will eventually show up.

DTP - here's hoping to you being right!

The boss I lost (last one in my post), was a picture my daughter drew for me, that I dyed onto the disc. A friend said, "I can't believe you would even throw that!" I had to explain to him that my daughter would be very unhappy if I didn't use "her disc" when I played, and completely understood that losing plastic happens! And really, doesn't losing one here & there just give us an excuse to go buy another one to dye??

:)

dyed plastic MUST be thrown

since all of mine were lost off fairway and not water, i keep hoping i'll see some one throwing one, and say something like: "wow. nice disc. you must really like it to not call the # on the inside rim."

In sticking with only the ones with good stories:

This is my favorite, and first, ESP Buzzz. Lost at Timmons Park last summer practicing for Worlds.

Was found by dgcr's ian., nearly a year later, at a park nearly an hour west...

After returning, I dyed the Discraft and signature.

9244271098_f709ba40ff_c.jpg

Latest posts