• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Orc

Orcs are great they are a good distance driver. It was my go to driver for about 6-8 months. You can manipulate it very well

I LOVE the orc, but don't get it in DX plastic. They break in WAY too fast, and get flippy. I think they're selling them in Pro plastic now, so that would be worth trying.

New, a champ Orc is going to be faster and noticeably more overstable than a Champ Viking. They wear in pretty straight, almost Teebird like. I used to carry an X-out as a "high risk" disc. Solid disc.

Let me expand on that. At 200' of distance, you're not getting your discs fast enough for the high-speed stability to have an effect on it's flight. The leopard has a HSS of -2 and LSS of 1, so you're basically just experiencing the LSS of the disc, unless you're introducing a lot of OAT. That viking is just the opposite, with a HSS of -1, and a LSS of 2, so you're just experiencing the LSS of 2. I'm guessing that the viking hooks pretty good for you, correct? If not, then you're probably compensating by throwing with more anny that you should.

The Orc has a HSS of -1, and a LSS of 3, so you're probably just going to get the LSS of 3, making it hook pretty hard.

Honestly, as said above, you'd be better just learning to throw your Leopard well until you can get it out to 300'-350'.

I throw with a lot of anny. Being that I don't really know what OAT truly is, I can't really tell you if I'm throwing with it or not.

If you're only throwing 200' you should work with your mids and putters for a while.

Wait until you're over 300' before you start messing with Orcs and other fast drivers.

The Orc is my go to and has been for around a year.
That said, the Orc definitely is not for you. Nor is anything above like a speed 5 rating.

Latest posts