• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ultimate Basket Lights!

I've tried several of the 18 I bought and they are just as reliable and solid as my first one. I just went and took 3 random ones, turned them on all 28 lights, shook them vigorously, bonked them repeatedly against the post and they didn't flicker or do anything funky at all. They just work like a champ.

If I had to guess, either the one/ones you bought are either A: defective and should be exchanged, B: you have some cheap batteries that aren't quite long enough or C: the chains are bumping the power switch. Probably C:

For cjman, I think it's the short battery thing on yours. I've seen a lot of electronics that get fussy like that if the batteries don't stay in firm connection to the contacts - especially on the batteries that have the weird skinny bump on the tip of the positive end.

Anyhow, none of mine seems to have any issues.

Its cool dude, they were 7 bucks a pop. I'm not freaking out, they're just not for me. Like the other guy said my basket isn't optimal for these lights. It is certainly strange that mine turn off so easily and yours don't. The batteries are quite normal, energizer... I will probably toy with them again tonight. Thinking about jb welding the light to the removable flag on my basket. That would keep it very still.

After thinking about the flickering problem you were having, I had a thought. I can confirm that all of mine will flicker if something bumps the power switch, even just a little. So, yes, that's a little bunk, but if the chains are wiggling against the power switch, they will flicker. My inner chain ring is further out, so that's why I didn't see it. Putting a little bubbled wad of duct tape worked to prevent it.

Hope that helps.

I wasn't feeling defensive or bad that it wasn't awesome for you, I just like to give good advice. When my advice had a flaw along the line, I wanted to try to make it right.

Milk Jugs + LED Flashlights. Easy peasy! Just set/tie one on top of each basket.

174703_g.jpg

Hahaha nice. I'm so used to using glow sticks anything is fine to me

I was in the Aldi in Frederick, MD (it's relatively new, on the Golden Mile) yesterday and they still have a box full of these umbrella lights in stock. I bought a couple of them, as they are now marked down to $4.99!

Haven't tried them out yet so I cannot comment on how well they work, but for $5 a pop it seemed a no-brainer. Anyone in the Frederick area might want to head over and grab a couple.

$4.99? Damn... that's worth it to buy as many more as I can find.

picked up a couple in Butler, PA this past weekend. Still has a whole box if anyone is in the area.

Big lots had umbrella lights for $3. I grabbed 2 for my backyard baskets and have used them for night putting during bbqs with my buddies. Very bright lights and lasted all last summer and just turned one on to check and its still just as bright. They also sell a box of 25ft of chain for $9 for any DIY basket makers.

So no one has heard of eBay?

Yeah, we have. I pointed out in my posts that I've tried several of the lights in the same price range ($7-10) from both Ebay and Amazon and that they were all garbage. They literally either barely worked or were completely broken between the moment of arrival and the next day. The ones from Aldi were as good as the ones I tried from Home Depot and Lowes that cost $30.

I finally put mine together and set up on my baskets and couldn't be happier with these things, Thanks very much for starting this thread - I never would have been aware of these otherwise. No problems with mine at all as far as the chains turning the lights off when hit, either. My neighbors probably think I have finally just gone totally off the deep end, out in the back yard all hours of the night throwing discs into lighted metal and chain baskets....

It would appear, based on my local Aldi, that some stores have received a second shipment of these. Get 'em while you can.

If anyone grabs any extras please let me know. I don't have one of these stores near me and would really like to have a couple baske lights

These lights are perfect for the $70 baskets from Costco, which have a small stub of the pole extending about 2 or 3 inches above the top of the basket. And they hold up pretty well too, I absolutely drilled one from about 150' out and all it did was knock it askew, it didn't knock it off the basket or even put the lights out!

The attached pictures show the ultimate cheap-ass disc golf entertainment center - total cost for basket, extra chains, and light was just about $100 even.

Attachments

• IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 19