• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] THEORY Midrange by Axiom Discs

less turn than old/CE/Champ and Star Stingrays

real Stingrays :: fresh Pro Leopard as Theory :: fresh MJLS
a solid stability tick of difference

Thank you for the insight.

This was what I was looking for.

Looks like I might have to try one out in a lighter weight.

Well, I have no use for this puppy, the Alias will do it better...and with no fear of flipping or the wind.

I love my Alias, but the Theory is a better tailwind disc by far. And, what kind of wind are we talking about? My Aliases still turn into a stiff headwind. I usually have to step up to a Suspect or Verdict in those situations.

I love my Alias, but the Theory is a better tailwind disc by far. And, what kind of wind are we talking about? My Aliases still turn into a stiff headwind. I usually have to step up to a Suspect or Verdict in those situations.

Like a Buzzz SS isn't needed with a Buzzz. Just windy, not a headwind specifically...I wouldn't use the Alias into a stiff headwind either.

If I still had an Alias, I'd carry both. There would be zero overlap. My Theory is Meteor flippy, but slower. It's perfect for woods holes and downwind approaches where I can't take the disc out to the right. Theory is by far my favorite disc from those guys, and IMHO it's the one disc from both that truly offers something better than all the other guys at it's job.

^ I do carry both, but agree on the Theory. Alias was my favorite mid before the Theory was released. It's very useful in a lot of situations. Still love my Alias for straight no fade shots where I can just have confidence in a good solid rip.

^ I do carry both, but agree on the Theory. Alias was my favorite mid before the Theory was released. It's very useful in a lot of situations. Still love my Alias for straight no fade shots where I can just have confidence in a good solid rip.

Yep, when you don't want any turn. When I first got a Theory and Alias I took them to a field and threw both together on approach shots, repeatedly. It soon became obvious it was going to be one or the other. The fact that the Alias had solid HHS, but also did sweet anhyzer approach shots that would pan out to flat sealed the deal for me. Theory is a great slightly US mid, but when the Alias will work the same lines, not turn unexpectedly, and is better in the wind, well...

I have to many holes on courses around me that require a hyzer flip that stands up and slowly drifts left (LHBH) for the entire flight. I love the Alias too but it can't do what the Theory does for me. There's just not enough room to throw the anny.

^Agree.

It's taken me a long time to really warm up to the Theory, and it's still a work in progress for me, honestly, but playing the type of woods golf required around Charlotte, the Theory, or a disc like it, is indispensable. I feel like I need a mostly neutral/shapeable mid like the Axis, and something that does some of the shaping on it's own, like the Theory (or a perfectly beat down N Axis.)

I've been giving the Theory another go as well. I've bagged a Plasma my last few rounds. Still learning its nuances VS my beat eclipse Axis but its been working well for me on gentle turnovers that don't come back at all. Like you I've been seeing the need for a disc like this for certain wooded lines. Was actually considering trying out Comets again even, but the Axis / beat Axis / Theory combo has be pretty covered for now. Plus my Proxy is like a baby Comet anyways.

Love that the white rim matches my other mids, which are all Eclipse.

The theory bothers me. I keep bagging it because it can hit some great lines, but it's not understable enough to power down well.

The theory bothers me. I keep bagging it because it can hit some great lines, but it's not understable enough to power down well.

There must be some variation, or my Neutron is beat. Mine is very US and will not stop moving right even at just over half power. A buddy of mine has a fresh plasma, and his flies much more stable. I probably need one of those to pair.

Weight is a big factor in the HSS. Lighter theory will turn easier as well as flat tops vs slight raise. I have a 168g that is domey and throws like my 178g while flat 169g plasma is like a beat theory.

I'm still wrestling with whether I want the Theory in or out. I have a plasma one that's a nice slightly understable, but it overlaps some with the Relay for me, and the Relay is really taking over a lot of shots in my bag at present.

But Aim's right. I've had at least one Theory that was pretty HSS. Even with some wear on it, it really didn't turn much, it reminded me a lot of the Axis. And it was one of the first 2 I bought, from those early runs that seemed to have the most indestructible version of Neutron I've seen.

I have to mash this Plasma to get a truly US mid line out of it (for me, mashing it = 275-300.) As you say, powering it down, it's more of a laser/line locker.

When playing wooded courses, my Theory is my most used disc.

I'm throwing more and more discs FH and BH, and as that's happened, the Theory has taken more n more of a back seat.

That and, I prefer the Proxy. I'd just as soon shape it, than hope I get enough turn from the Theory this time.

My 'problem' with the Theory is the same as it always has been, and it is "my problem," not the discs. Even though I'm much improved even since I got the first Theory I got, it still falls in a weird way with my "margin of error," even though that margin is much smaller now than then.

Slight miss on the hit, or pulling through a bit too wide, etc, and I get straight, glideless flight, or on taller shots, stall and fade instead of long and straight like a 9 iron. Perfect form, I get workable US mid lines. That's just not useful for tight-lines golf, for me, to not be 100% sure which I'll be getting.

The Relay, at that same distance, is more predictable for me, by far. Plus it can do longer lines too. Plus it's better for control/bad lie flicks.

The Theory is still good at a few things so it's in the bag. It'll hold a high, steep, powered down anny like a champ, for ex, better than a Proxy, even.

theory is in and out of the bag for now its in. hitting those forced anny lines is what i use mine for or powered up longer anny lines. its working great with the matrix for my one two mid punches. both seem to be a bigger envy/proxy which already covers a ton of my mid shots. its easy for me longer envy equals matrix and longer proxy equals theory at least that is how i use them and its working very well for me the last few weeks. theory is a fun mold and lately I'm getting asked a ton what disc was that?

The theory is one of my favorite discs period. My neutron is sufficiently seasoned where it's getting more turn later in the flight. It's a thing of beauty to throw it on a hyzer and let it ride straight for about 200' then slowly turn until it hits the ground.

I'm looking for something to put between it and my matrix now though. My local pias has plenty of watermelons in stock and I love that stamp but idk if they will be stable enough for a real compliment. Might have to go back to the axis.

Latest posts