• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thread Hall of Fame

After this post, nominations are for next time

I am currently compiling the nominations (plus a few more that seemed legendary) and will post a Poll thread shortly. I'll set a 1 week time frame on it and and the top 8 will be inducted into the "official" hall of fame (quotations because I have no official status here and all). I'll do this again every year or so, so continue to nominate on this thread and the 25 with the highest number of Nominations next year will go to vote for 8 new inductees. Make sure to vote for your favorites!

So I've heard some complaints that many of the HOF inductees were humor/non-serious threads. While it comes down to what is nominated and voted for, I'd like to clarify the intended purpose of the HOF. Basically, I'd like to have it become a compendium of must read threads for all new members of DGCR. Threads that answer the basic questions in the most comprehensive ways so that anyone reading them will not have to start new threads asking the same tired questions over and over. While there are certainly plenty of humorous threads that need to be read, it would be good to see more interesting/informative threads in the nominees. I will not be setting up the vote until September, but feel free to make nominations well ahead of time. Last time there were more than 25 and I had to use some personal judgement to decide the nominees. This time, I'm going to decide ties by how many times a thread was nominated, so feel free to shamelessly plug your favorite so your friends will do the same! If more informative threads end up in the HOF, maybe the mods will finally hear my calls to sticky it so it is actually found by new members. That is all.

Most of the good serious threads can be found in the Technique sticky anyway. Screw'em, funny is good.

This thread is one that I nominate for the Thread HoF the next time you do a vote on it (no, I don't care that it's in the landfill... It's still hilariously awesome and amazingly innocent and cute).

This thread is one that I nominate for the Thread HoF the next time you do a vote on it (no, I don't care that it's in the landfill... It's still hilariously awesome and amazingly innocent and cute).

I want to say this thread was started in the vip forums because before PIF, there was NOTHING interesting happening there ever...

Fall Nominations

Hello again all! It's time to add 3 more threads to the Hall of Fame! Nominate your favorite threads to be included in the official vote here.

-Pick threads that are informative, funny, bizarre, or just plain entertaining. -Landfill threads are eligible.
-Here are the previous winners (no need to nominate them again)

I'll renominate the Latitude w/ Attitude thread. That's some sexy plastic!

Link?:D Maybe ask the mod that hammered him?

No link, but here are some hypocritical gems.

I've noticed that guys that throw putters alot seem to NEED alot of reassurance about their game ... coming onto message boards fighting with people, desperately trying to get others to watch their videos, getting infractions/bans on DGCR ... sad sad world we live in. They just don't want to play their own game - sad folks.

^ Best Hypocritical post EVER

Everyone is when the mods do their job.

Bothered by posts or posters on the internet? Feel forced to respond to people you don't know in an effort to 'look cool'? Post meme's when you are embarrassed? Stalk other posters from thread to thread and eventually to other websites? You have mental health problems. :thmbup:

The mods have done a GREAT JOB! :D

I think it was right around the time the biggest troll on this site tried to imply he was a troll looking for attention. Sometimes when the pot calls the kettle black people like the kettle a little bit more :)

HEHE now who is banned and who is infraction free? He took so many cheap jabs at me. It was tough not to respond. He calls me the biggest troll, but look at his latest posts, he is rude to everyone.

Latest posts