• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Three Rivers daily pass

"was" one of the owners?

WAS... yes was...

This again is a story i really don't want to get into. It is not my story to tell and I don't have both sides of it so I don't want to stick my foot in my mouth.

WAS... yes was...

This again is a story i really don't want to get into. It is not my story to tell and I don't have both sides of it so I don't want to stick my foot in my mouth.

Good choice. Not Good story to share on here. I still miss shot of the day on DGTV

Solberg was also part of the original GGGT. He left first and Mike later. While there are lots of internal details that don't matter to us, at the highest level, they each had different enough philosophies about where to take the business that they couldn't continue in the same org. While a comment was made about Mike's lack of playing skills, even Advanced level playing skills does not exist among any of those three original GGGT partners.

Last edited:
I think I'll be getting one of these passes this year as I'm moving closer to the three river park districts(Hopefully). How does this compare to the season passes at Kaposia and the Valley?

Solberg was also part of the original GGGT. He left first and Mike later. While there are lots of internal details that don't matter to us, at the highest level, they each had different enough philosophies about where to take the business that they couldn't continue in the same org. While a comment was made about Mike's lack of playing skills, even Advanced level playing skills does not exist among any of those three original GGGT partners.

Same can be said about Blake's skills. However he knows his shiz about DG. I was working with Blake and Beto when Blake taught Beto to throw 500+ ft. I quit for a few years around that time to play the round ball golf. Solbergs best decision was to just run leagues.

I think I'll be getting one of these passes this year as I'm moving closer to the three river park districts(Hopefully). How does this compare to the season passes at Kaposia and the Valley?

Joining three rivers, you're joining a country club. Joining kaposia you're joining a public course that they let anyone in. Plus, you get the best finishing hole in state in hole 18 at HSSA. And the bomber par 4's at Elm Creek.

Hole 18 at Giants Ridge is at least one finishing hole that is better and safer, just less known. Lakewood 18 is also a more fun downhill finishing hole since many more players can reach it.

This whole thing sucks IMO... Sometimes it feels like West vs East... IDK I try to stay out of the politics as much as I can. I wish everyone could just get along. I know there needs to be competition in business and I know competition is good for business. When it comes to furthering the sport and putting in more course's I think eveyone should try to work together a bit more.

It seems like the politics in th MN DG comunity slow things down and make everyone work harder than they have to. I have not been involved in this sport for very long so I could be wrong.

Hole 18 at Giants Ridge is at least one finishing hole that is better and safer, just less known. Lakewood 18 is also a more fun downhill finishing hole since many more players can reach it.

Chuck you don't like hole 18 at HSSA because you didnt want it and three rivers did it any way. I have agree that 18 at giants ridge is awesome. How is 18 At HSSA unsafe?

Chuck you don't like hole 18 at HSSA because you didnt want it and three rivers did it any way. I have agree that 18 at giants ridge is awesome. How is 18 At HSSA unsafe?

Wouldn't call it unsafe, but 18 at Giants ridge is so much cooler it is absurd.

18 at lakewood is worse than HSSA simply because it is so much shorter and the playground is sort of in play (or at least it is if you suck as bad as I do)

Wouldn't call it unsafe, but 18 at Giants ridge is so much cooler it is absurd.

18 at lakewood is worse than HSSA simply because it is so much shorter and the playground is sort of in play (or at least it is if you suck as bad as I do)

Hole 18 at lakewoods wouldn't have been a huge factor deciding the final 9 of the MN Majestic like hole 18 at HSSA has been the last 6 years.

/rant

Hole 18 at lakewoods wouldn't have been a huge factor deciding the final 9 of the MN Majestic like hole 18 at HSSA has been the last 6 years.

/rant

Honestly it is a beautiful hole that feeds well to spectators. Too bad 17 at Bryant doesn't. cause the back 9 there would be fun to watch as well.

Bryant is not spectator friendly at all IMO... It is too bad because the last 4 holes are sweet.

Last edited:
Bryant is not spectator friendly at all IMO... It is too bad because the last 5 holes are sweet.

It's probably for the best, with as badly as I play if there were people standing and heckling they'd be in danger of taking some overstable plastic that I shouldn't be throwing to the dome.

It's probably for the best, with as badly as I play if there were people standing and heckling they'd be in danger of taking some overstable plastic that I shouldn't be throwing to the dome.

We will have three new holes at Somerset hopefully by the end of March. The pin for hole ten will be a putting area. So it will be 12 holes. We are going to have all 18 done by the fall I hope.

I will let you know when the new holes are done and we should throw a round.

My original design had the HSSA 18 tee in the same location as it is now but the pin was about 125 feet shorter so many more players could potentially buzz the basket and risk overthrowing it. The current version is too long to produce enough birdies for blue level (even gold) which is the design standard for that course. It makes it more of an auto 3 hole with weaker scoring spread and less fun factor than a shorter version would provide.

Because most players throw for max power on that hole and there's a left side cross wind much of the time, players on holes 12 and even 13 are regularly at risk for turnover shanks. The first time I played the hole in league after the course went in, a guy in the group in front of us shanked a shot that turned over and almost picked off the player putting all the way over on 13. I'm sure that's not the only story of shots gone awry where players unknowingly had errant shots on 18 come their way.

The changes to holes 5 and 6 at HSSA are super sweet too. Think I've only witnessed one 2 on hole 6 in 50 plus league rounds there.

We will have three new holes at Somerset hopefully by the end of March. The pin for hole ten will be a putting area. So it will be 12 holes. We are going to have all 18 done by the fall I hope.

I will let you know when the new holes are done and we should throw a round.

For shizzle my nizzle.

My original design had the HSSA 18 tee in the same location as it is now but the pin was about 125 feet shorter so many more players could potentially buzz the basket and risk overthrowing it. The current version is too long to produce enough birdies for blue level (even gold) which is the design standard for that course. It makes it more of an auto 3 hole with weaker scoring spread and less fun factor than a shorter version would provide.

Because most players throw for max power on that hole and there's a left side cross wind much of the time, players on holes 12 and even 13 are regularly at risk for turnover shanks. The first time I played the hole in league after the course went in, a guy in the group in front of us shanked a shot that turned over and almost picked off the player putting all the way over on 13. I'm sure that's not the only story of shots gone awry where players unknowingly had errant shots on 18 come their way.

I agree that having it up the hill a little more would add a unique challenge as you would have it in the back of your mind that you could overshoot it.

However, I think wherever the basket is on the hill, it is fairly much an auto 3 because of how wide open the hill is in general. However to that however, having it on the hill also creates the possibility of roll aways, especially on shots that lip the cage or get on edge on approaches. Hole 2 is a great example of this; I have seen many people who would have made the putt if they were a few inches (insert direction) but instead roll down the hill and are forced to make a 100 foot or more upshot just to get back up to where they just putted from.

As for being dangerous to the other holes, I can definitely attest to that. When trying to hug the hill with drivers, bad OAT often flipped something over where it did not have the time to fight back. It was not until I started driving with mids and putters that I was able to zero in the basket.

Not enough money

Sad thing about DG is that there is not enough money to keep the real talent around.
Exhibit A: The Smith brothers from MN
Exhibit B: Corey Justice who throws a Magnet 500 ft. +

Latest posts