• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Three Rivers daily pass

T.Hizzle

Eagle Member
They are raising the daily pass to $5 and keeping the season pass $35. The question is what kick a** improvement are they planning for this year? More granite staircases/stone walkways? The last 4 holes at Bryant Lake are some of the best finishing holes in the nation. Not by distance standards, but design.

Hole 15, 235 ft. "sand trap" hole = a score of 2 or 4 (plays blind)
Hole 16, 214 ft. "the rock hole" They totally pimped it out this last year with improvements. Elevating the basket behind the rock and circling the basket with a sand mote. Tough 2, impossible ace run. Cheaters throw a thumber.
Hole 17, 542 ft. off a 75' cliff. Can you reach it with a Buzzz or Roc?
Hoe 18, 434 ft. slight uphill. Do you throw an anny? Roller? Hyzer bomb? Plays more like 500 ft. usually into a head wind.

Kudos to Three Rivers and TG for great courses and designs.

This should be moved to the courses section. I hope some of that money goes into elm creek and HH, Bryant is nice enough...

Not to bash Bryant Lake it is a beautiful course but IMO highly over rated because it looks nice.

Not to bash Bryant Lake it is a beautiful course but IMO highly over rated because it looks nice.

I would have to agree, impeccably maintained and it's obvious that a ton of great work has been done there, but based just on the quality of the golf it is a bit overrated. Still a fun course though, and easily worth the p2p.

This should be moved to the courses section. I hope some of that money goes into elm creek and HH, Bryant is nice enough...

Elm Creek looked awesome last I played there. I wouldn't mind if they spruced up Hyland some. Maybe even tweaked the holes a little.

I would have to agree, impeccably maintained and it's obvious that a ton of great work has been done there, but based just on the quality of the golf it is a bit overrated. Still a fun course though, and easily worth the p2p.

Double agreed. Overrated, especially by my fellow locals. Give me Kaposia for the golf shots any day (especially when George's gorge is back, hopefully this year!!)

I don't play these courses but maybe twice a year. No Dogs Allowed...

It's an enjoyable round when I do play, but don't go out of my way to go there (ie leave Forest somewhere).

Double agreed. Overrated, especially by my fellow locals. Give me Kaposia for the golf shots any day (especially when George's gorge is back, hopefully this year!!)

When I first went to play Kaposia I had other courses that I planned to visit that day, but I ended up just playing Kaposia all day. My favorite course in the Twin Cities area. Very fun to play.

Hole 16, 214 ft. "the rock hole" They totally pimped it out this last year with improvements. Elevating the basket behind the rock and circling the basket with a sand mote. Tough 2, impossible ace run. Cheaters throw a thumber.

Somebody's jealous he can't throw overhand :p

At least the season/daily pass money at The Three Rivers Parks is put back into the courses. Kaposia has a great layout, but honestly what's with the tee pads? And that staircase to no where?

At least the season/daily pass money at The Three Rivers Parks is put back into the courses. Kaposia has a great layout, but honestly what's with the tee pads? And that staircase to no where?

When was the last time you were there??? 5 or 6 of the teepads have been updated. The rest are in the works. It is going back to an 18 hole gold layout this spring. The gorge is in the works. The stairs down to hole #18 are done.

When was the last time you were there??? 5 or 6 of the teepads have been updated. The rest are in the works. It is going back to an 18 hole gold layout this spring. The gorge is in the works. The stairs down to hole #18 are done.

Played Chilli Dawg a few weeks back. First time back to Kaposia since it went pay to play. I guess I expected more than a stair case and 5-6 teepads updated with 2 years plus of Pay to play money coming in. Bryant alone last year spent 10's of thousands on hole 16 and the path (Brick) from 17 basket to 18 tee. Like I said, the layout is great for winter and summer play. It seems like all the pass fees go up in smoke. How much does it cost to pour a tee pad? Look how fast Bassett Creek added a few hole and kick butt launch pads.

/rant

Played Chilli Dawg a few weeks back. First time back to Kaposia since it went pay to play. I guess I expected more than a stair case and 5-6 teepads updated with 2 years plus of Pay to play money coming in. Bryant alone last year spent 10's of thousands on hole 16 and the path (Brick) from 17 basket to 18 tee. Like I said, the layout is great for winter and summer play. It seems like all the pass fees go up in smoke. How much does it cost to pour a tee pad? Look how fast Bassett Creek added a few hole and kick butt launch pads.

/rant

Well I am involved in the process of updateing and lets just say that the city has a lot to do with the slow progress...

Three rivers does seem to have there S together when it comes to there parks. I wish the same could be said for the city of St. Paul. We hope to see lots of work this summer.

Also majority of the money spent at Bryant did not come out of the Pay to Play. It came out of a park budget and some other areas.

Have you played the Valley since it went pay to play? It is really nice...

Last edited:
Well I am involved in the process of updateing and lets just say that the city has a lot to do with the slow progress...

Three rivers does seem to have there S together when it comes to there parks. I wish the same could be said for the city of St. Paul. We hope to see lots of work this summer.

Also majority of the money spent at Bryant did not come out of the Pay to Play. It came out of a park budget and some other areas.

Have you played the Valley since it went pay to play? It is really nice...

The Valley is nice, I am just not a fan of Chain Saw Chuckles designs. Long Hole 16 at HSSA is one of the most ridiculous DG hole desings I have ever seen. Blind and big time back cause if used during tournaments or league...

It's too bad that S. St. Paul park and rec isn't very helpful. Can't Snelly help get more money "poured" back into the course? He's got his little cabana there collecting the money and selling discs. Kaposia has a great amount of awesome volunteers. That's why I am surprised it's taking so long to get any thing done about the few tee pads that need some serious TLC.....

The Valley is nice, I am just not a fan of Chain Saw Chuckles designs. Long Hole 16 at HSSA is one of the most ridiculous DG hole desings I have ever seen. Blind and big time back cause if used during tournaments or league...

It's too bad that S. St. Paul park and rec isn't very helpful. Can't Snelly help get more money "poured" back into the course? He's got his little cabana there collecting the money and selling discs. Kaposia has a great amount of awesome volunteers. That's why I am surprised it's taking so long to get any thing done about the few tee pads that need some serious TLC.....

I don't really want to tell the whole story, but lets just say Snell is lucky to break even if that. Lots of money has gone to the city... we see the results at the Valley but not so much at Kaposia yet. I hope that this changes this year. I want the Gorge back. (I played for 4 years back in my teens then fell away from the sport) the gorge was one of the coolest holes ever.

I don't really want to tell the whole story, but lets just say Snell is lucky to break even if that. Lots of money has gone to the city... we see the results at the Valley but not so much at Kaposia yet. I hope that this changes this year. I want the Gorge back. (I played for 4 years back in my teens then fell away from the sport) the gorge was one of the coolest holes ever.

Sounds like the MFA needs to start a petition to get the money paid to play Kaposia back into the course.

That's what the snowboarders did back when HSSA only like them on the hill on Mondays. Now they are the majority on the hills.