• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tournament Ace Conflict

How would you deal out the ace pot?

• Player A:150 Player B:150

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Player A:200 Player B:100

Votes: 61 89.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
Just the same, if someone hits an ace and isn't paid into the pot, well that's a whole new wrinkle.
If you don't pay into the pool, you don't get paid for an ace... I don't see what the wrinkle is.

Same thing should apply to a CTP where you need to buy in (e.g. 50/50 cash CTP).

As far as getting some sort of prize/reward: If your name isn't on the buy in sheet, your shot never occurred.... it's just a 1 on the scorecard, nothing more.

My gut reaction was equal payout, but when there's multiple aces it gets split up equal per ace. Multiple aces should be rewarded with more payout.

I think that once an ace is hit, the pot is paid in full (even if no actual cash changes hands at that moment because the money is in someone's car or whatever) and then the pot is reset. Why else would there be a cap?

What cap? I don't see anything about a cap on anything in this thread.

In a shotgun start round, is it fair to pay out for the first ace only if when it is hit, half the field or more potential hasn't even played an ace-able hole? I mean, if I started on hole 5, the shortest easiest hole on the course, and I aced it, would it be fair for me to get the entire ace pot even if someone who started on hole 6 managed to ace the same hole at the end of their round? Just by luck of the draw on where we started, I get money and he doesn't? Seems unfair to me.

What cap? I don't see anything about a cap on anything in this thread.

In a shotgun start round, is it fair to pay out for the first ace only if when it is hit, half the field or more potential hasn't even played an ace-able hole? I mean, if I started on hole 5, the shortest easiest hole on the course, and I aced it, would it be fair for me to get the entire ace pot even if someone who started on hole 6 managed to ace the same hole at the end of their round? Just by luck of the draw on where we started, I get money and he doesn't? Seems unfair to me.

Post #3 mentions a cap, but it's not in the OP

I think it makes even more sense if you look at these two scenarios:

4 aces by 3 players
2 players each hit an ace, those two aces are worth the same amount of cash as the other 2 aces (owned by 1 player)

2 aces by 2 players mid round
Player 1 aces and everyone on the course hears the yelling. Player 2 aces and everyone knows 2 have been hit.
Player 1 and 2 know the ace pot is split right now. Their INCENTIVE is to hit a second ace, winning more money from the pot (just like was their intention to hit the first ace, and make money)