• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tournament Idea.... a challenge to the PGA

Chuckers v.s. Duffers Golf Challenge Format...

• Ryder Cup Match Play with a team of ball v.s. disc

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Best Disc/Best Ball doubles

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Traditional tournament with 2 rounds of each type of golf

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Worse disc/ball doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NovaDiscHead

Birdie Member
How about a head to head ball/disc matchup of the best of both sports. 18 holes of ball golf, 18 holes of disc. Lowest score wins it all.

Here's my fantasy line-up:

Ken Klimo
Nate Doss
Niko Lecastro
Feldburg

v.s.

VJ Sighn
Tiger Woods
Phil Michelson
Jim Fuyrk

Attract some big time sponsors, a tv network and bam!

Now let's make it happen!

What if you added a top senior player (masters or grandmasters for us, whatever is equivalent for them) and one or two top female players from each side too? Make it even better tv.

youre aware ball golfers can hit a lot farther than dgers can throw, right?

youre aware ball golfers can hit a lot farther than dgers can throw, right?

I guess I need to explain that the tournament would take place at a location that has a championship ball and disc golf course in close proximity. A good place would be Laurel Hill/Giles Run in Lorton Virginia- a 18 hole RTJ course within eyesight of one of the toughest courses you'll ever play.

I guess I need to explain that the tournament would take place at a location that has a championship ball and disc golf course in close proximity. A good place would be Laurel Hill/Giles Run in Lorton Virginia- a 18 hole RTJ course within eyesight of one of the toughest courses you'll ever play.

oh that easy course

I've only played there once for the tourney last year. Hovey won Open and beat me by a dozen. He beat me by 11 on the longs and only one stroke on short to long. I finished 6th in Open. He's 27 years younger than me.

I've only played there once for the tourney last year. Hovey won Open and beat me by a dozen. He beat me by 11 on the longs and only one stroke on short to long. I finished 6th in Open. He's 27 years younger than me.

Kid's a talent, though isn't he? I played with him one time, just a casual round at Burke Lake.

oh but it is, i'm practically shy and introverted compared to Ian Hovey although there was that one time I almost made him cry.

NovaDiscHead, do you ever hit Giles for search and rescue of lost discs? Meet up with the running man and his bat and beat down the briars?

Whatever floats your boat, dude. Knowing what I do about Ian, I think you're awfully disrespectful. Talking **** about someone who beat you by a dozen strokes...that takes some moxie.

He's really a friend and we give each other a hard time all the time. I made him admit he had a man crush on me because he couldn't beat me. Finally he said he did and he has crushed me ever since.

NovaDiscHead, do you ever hit Giles for search and rescue of lost discs? Meet up with the running man and his bat and beat down the briars?

Naw, I usually just go after my errant throws. I think I'm running a positive plastic balance from the briars, but I'm too damn honest. Funny you mention Larry... the last time I played there, I found one of his off hole 17, and gave it back to him.

I know a few guys who'll come out with bats or retrievers on hunting trips...I just hope they do the right thing and call the people whose plastic they find.

He's really a friend and we give each other a hard time all the time. I made him admit he had a man crush on me because he couldn't beat me. Finally he said he did and he has crushed me ever since.

Sorry about the previous post...I like the guy. He's cocky for sure, but he's got the talent to back it up. He told me some personal stuff that made me respect him a ton, though.

Latest posts