• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Uli's walking putt

Maybe the people arguing this point simply couldn't master the technique effectively and are jealous and tired of watching people such as myself and Uli walk in 50-60 footers all day. :thmbup: Feldy taught me this technique in Eugene when he found out he was foot faulting at Worlds and I've practiced it ever since. Maybe the detractors should practice it and shave a few strokes off their rounds such as we have......

Devil's advocate: I will agree that Uli pushes the threshold on this and just to clarify I release quite earlier than him in my technique.

When I've been able to successfully putt in that style, I have always been surprised at how easily it runs right at the basket. Like it's on a mission.

We can't prove it's illegal so stop doing it? I can't wait until disc golf adopts instant replay for calls. :\

I would think players would want to reduce situations where the rules infractions are ambiguous. A rule that isn't enforceable isn't a rule at all. Video would work if it was implemented like tennis where you only get so many contests per round. I think that's a separate discussion though.

Devil's advocate: I will agree that Uli pushes the threshold on this and just to clarify I release quite earlier than him in my technique.

I think the imperative point is the distinction between clearly being within the rules and not.

Meh, I just have a hard time believing that anyone using a technique that's "too close to call" is getting any real benefit from it. If it's clearly a foot fault, I absolutely agree with calling it, but the rules pretty specifically say that the benefit of the doubt goes to the thrower.

I'm going to guess you don't agree, but I think that's a weak part of the rules. It should be a player's responsibility to be clearly within the rules. The benefit (or lack of) received bares no relevance to the rules, and I don't think it should be. The rules should be closer to objective than subjective.

Latest posts