• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UPDATED form video. Then and Now please Critique!

Are you letting go of the disc, or are you clamping down on the disc and it rips out?

Uhm, I think I am letting go of it. Maybe sometimes it feels like it's "ripping" out.

Things are going MUCH better now since the two videos I posted here. Yesterday on hole 9 on a wooded course that is one of the toughest I ripped it RHBH straight through with good form and parked it for a birdie. I used to only have decent luck throwing the tomahawk there but that throw has been taking a toll on my shoulder. The second throw on the same hole i threw for ****s and giggles and it soared about 15-20 ft past the basket across a road! Needless to say everyone has been a tremendous help on this forum!
I am slowly working back up to a x step run up, right now im doing well with just a 1 step. Im bending my knees with my head slightly tilted focusing on keeping my center of gravity to my core and reaching back straight, not fanning around, then pulling straight through and following through. Im getting more of a "ripping" out of my hand feel now rather than literally having to "throw" it. I also notice that I don't aim at my target with my eyes anymore rather with my body now. Its so cool looking back and watching the older videos of my form, It feels so good for the hard work to pay off finally... I just have to make it to some open courses now cause im tired of hitting all these trees where I always go!!
Anyways ill keep at it and post another video in a week or two!

Latest posts