• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UV Flashlight - Scorpion Master "The Scorpinator"

i bought a smaller $10 one at home depot a few weeks ago. used it at the cave and it worked well with my glo buzzz.

I didn't know scorpions glow?

It's the exoskeleton. It's UV reactive. Fun fact: UV lights also are great for finding head lice. Found three on my 14 month old, and got them treated before they could lay any nits. :D
Got 2 UV flashlight off ebay for under $10 shipped. Short range, but perfect for charging glow discs or finding bugs.

walmart by me carries UV flashlights for like $8.88, work great!

I use the same LED flashlight. The old school professional in me can't allow myself to tape anything to my discs.

Yeah, I sympathize with that view. But it is _so_ easy to find discs when you attach an LED.

I do feel a little better with the new PDGA guidelines. And, at least for now, I stick to two LED-attached glow discs that I don't use for daytime rounds.

UV lights will also make Tomato Catepillars glow, making them easy to find on tomato plants!
thanks for the lice tip. My wife deals with children with her job and the tip will come in handy.

UV lights also are great for finding head lice. Found three on my 14 month old, and got them treated before they could lay any nits. :D

Good info, too late for me though. 14 mos, eh? Wait til elementary school, at least you've got a good way to find 'em.

I still think old school is the way to go with glowies. A good old fashion flash unit will charge up a group's worth of plastic in one quick shot. Waiting while each bozo in the group charges their driver gets pretty old a couple holes into a round. But what the heck, you can't find lice or scorpions with a flash unit.

Latest posts