• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UV Flashlights

steve a

* Ace Member *
I just received my new UV flashlight and it is incredible! It is an Ultrafire WF-502b UV model and is super bright. I took it out last night and could fully charge a Glo Buzzz from over 10 feet away. It uses a 1w UV LED driver and has an interchangable bulb that allows replacement or flexibility with other colors. I did some research on candlepowerforums.com and this light had been recomended by users there.

This light even helped me find a clearish brown disc after my light fell off. I thought it was a goner after it hit a tree and sailed away in the dark but it lit up some weird yellowish color from about 30 ft with this light. Flourescent discs will glow from 50-75 feet away easily!

I ordered it off of ebay and was happy with my purchase. The link shows a pic and the place I bought from. The light cost $17 and the batteries were $10 locally.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=110603944766&si=U4k5oeejPEIunQ3vVualHtjHM2E%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Anyone else find a good Ultraviolet light for charging glow discs?

i used a crappy led last night on my glow champ and dx stuff and it sucked. i might have to pick up the one you recommend.

I used a cheapo one first and it worked but the switch started to fail after 2-3 rounds. I haven't had this one long but I looked it up first this time around. It will also accept a rechargable battery setup which would be nice to have.

I bought a cheapo one off ebay before. After sitting in my bag the batteries suddenly exploded and leaked all over the flashlight housing. Now the light doesn't work. Oh well, it was $7

I bought a cheapo one off ebay before. After sitting in my bag the batteries suddenly exploded and leaked all over the flashlight housing. Now the light doesn't work. Oh well, it was $7

Was it purple and black?

Mine was 7$ and still holding strong. I need to switch out the batteries, as mine just died but I got batteries yesterday and I will be using it tonight.

I made one from 4 AA's hooked in series and some UV led's I had left over from a haunted house prop I built. It works well enough and you can't beat the price.

I just got a UV flashlight last week. It has 51 LEDs and is supposedly 395nm. The switch needs pressed more than once sometimes, but it does charge up the disc from far away and has a pretty wide beam. Seems like it should do the trick.

These are amazing, cost-effective, durable, run on 3-AA batteries, and work extremely well, even with crappy DX glow discs. Light up CFR or whatever Discraft's glow plastic is called like a beacon. :thmbup:

These are amazing, cost-effective, durable, run on 3-AA batteries, and work extremely well, even with crappy DX glow discs. Light up CFR or whatever Discraft's glow plastic is called like a beacon. :thmbup:

That's the one. I got mine on ebay for $10.

Yeah, shop around, Amazon's price isn't the best, just the first to pop up in a search.

cool i asked santa for one of those. sounds like i might get a good one.

Check out this LED with the laser. By far the best option to have when playing night golf.

http://cgi.ebay.com/15-LED-UV-LASER...1755245?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item41552afe6d

The laser gets the job done when trying to pin point the basket without turning on the lights that normally mess with your sight. The laser is great too for pointing to a buddy that hasn't played the course. You can point better with one solid beam of light, rather than just a big bright blurb that only allows you to see so far. As you probably know, you can put a laser 600+ out and shimmer it off the chains.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=47these are awesome... but some jackss stole mine out of my car

First and foremost, playing at night takes more TIME.

UV is cooler for your eyes than LED light, but the UV may make if tough to find discs because of the color being emitted.

Now the laser is truly a tool to utilize when trying to save time in the dark.In pitch black, the laser can still pin-point baskets as long as there is a line. Even then, I just need someone to be able to point the pointer(laser) in the general direction of the basket. The laser is sweet, as you can literally draw the shot for your noob buddy if there is enough for the laser to reflect off of.

Not to mention, I can point to a buddy to a general area I seen their disc go if we are far apart, and they are lost trying to find a disc. I use LED bobber lights, so I usually am never looking for my disc using a light, but the laser is used constantly.:thmbup:

STANLEY 12 VOLT SPOTLIGHT 2 MILLION CANDLE POWER

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320628603584

What's wrong with this? Would it be useful for zapping glows? Even if not UV? It's rechargeable, and only $20 at Walmart.

There is nothing wrong with that big honking light. Just requires a bigger pocket to put it in.

The reason I use UV at night is to charge glow discs instantly without blinding every one who accidently looks over when the light is on. With 2 million candle power you should be able to charge any glow disc out there, you just won't be able to see it after you throw it.

I just got a UV flashlight last week. It has 51 LEDs and is supposedly 395nm. The switch needs pressed more than once sometimes, but it does charge up the disc from far away and has a pretty wide beam. Seems like it should do the trick.

I think I have the same one and mine required an extra press or two, occasionally. Turned out it was the bulb side needed tightening. One press is all it takes now.

That's the one. I got mine on ebay for $10.

Yea that's the one I got. Just checked it. It's a right turn to loosen and left to tighten the head. I seen them on eBay for like 18. Found an auction where they took offers. Offered 12 and they took it.