• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Valkyrie Plus info

MNcyclone

Double Eagle Member
I recently bought my first Valkyrie plus and promptly purchased 9 more (gggt's entire inventory). I loved the disc at first throw, it comes off the hand extremely easily and the touch of extra stability is nice on Valks. The current mold is also very pretty, nice pearly look with a clean mold and no flash. According to a couple of people I talked to Innova scrapped the idea for the Valk plus and don't plan on releasing any as an actual run (ala the teebird plus and roc plus). They were also under the impression that the ones in existence were run a few months ago.

So I was digging through my trunk showing off my oop collection to a friend and I find an old Valk that I bought over a year ago jammed under the liner. I pick it up and its a Valk plus. So what is the deal, when were these actually produced? Anybody have any hard info?

I don't, but completely agree with your impression of the disc. It is a fine mold, and really easy to throw.

I always thought that vikings threw closer to champ teebirds so I'm the wrong guy to make that comparison.

Valkyrie Plus?

Anyway... the general consensus is that all the new Pro Valkyries are the 'plus' mold, and since nobody has found a non-plus pro yet, I would guess its here to stay.
Plus champs seem to have appeared late last year within regular stock; haven't seen a star yet.
These recent runs all have added website and removed patent# tooling.

What condition is your truck-bed Valk in? First guess would be a warped or squished disc that pulled the rim up a bit. The regular cooling processes can sometimes do the same thing naturally.

(By the way, what weights are your Valk pluses? I can't find one over 167 :thmbdown:)

It'd also be interesting to compare it, ala the following pic, to your known valk pluses.
ngwn0n.jpg

(not a valk; jubuttib's C-TD comparison)

@yawpstang64
You should probably have also posted the picture of a non +mold TD.

Found a 168 today which weighed in at 168.9 so I'm very happy! Beautiful pearly plastic with my ideal amount of flex to it!
Think I'll dye this one before it gets a throw; I dislike the chubby innova stamp.

Crap, I just bought a cool tye dye pro and completely forgot about this thread till I was breaking out some of my older Valks to throw beside it for comparison. It is definitely a "+" mold, the difference is night and day.

Pretty sure it's a plus. If it has the patent no tooling it's a reg/old mold. If there isn't patent no tooling it's a plus

Compare it to the inner rim of a regular Valk. I could tell right away without even comparing the two.

In addition to the rim slant, the wing itself seems to be slightly different, like it has an extra roadrunner type bulge. The new "valk +" is almost an exact match to a 'Craze' stamped Discmania CD I have, whereas my first run CD's are closer to the original Valk mold.

I have also noticed, as yampstang64 did, patent number = original valk and website = "valk +" in both Champ and Star, I haven't looked at many pro valks.

Yep, mine has no patent number and does have the WWW. I liked the way it flew today though. It has more fade than my DX Valks, flies closer to a heavier Champ Valk I'd say. Mine's a 167 btw.

The wing looks exactly like my other Valks as best I can tell. I haven't dug out a Road Runner to compare it to though.

Last edited:
Yep, mine has no patent number and does have the WWW. I liked the way it flew today though. It has more fade than my DX Valks, flies closer to a heavier Champ Valk I'd say. Mine's a 167 btw.

The wing looks exactly like my other Valks as best I can tell. I haven't dug out a Road Runner to compare it to though.

It's not exactly like a roadrunner, I should have used different wording. But instead of a smooth flow it has a small convex bulge section. I have noticed this on my stars.

I accidentally bought a Star Valkyrie+. I don't know how rare they are, i just picked one from the pile at a disc golf shop and later i realized that the rim is totally slanted.

I like the rim (easy to release), and i did my distance record with this disc.

So After throwing two of the longest drives I've ever thrown, yes downhill though, with my Pro Valk+ I mentioned above. I lost it on the second throw, however. It was still almost brand new too.

Anyways, I stopped by play it again and had another tye dye Pro Valk+ of a similar weight in my hand, when I started looking through the star discs and picked up a super bright neon Star CS Valk. As I was turning it over I was thinking "how sweet would this be if it were a + mold?" EUREKA, it was, and the same weight as the disc I lost, also. I hope it will fly similar.

Just to confirm it 100% I compared it to some Champ and Glo that were obviously regular Valks.

Latest posts