• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Vanish

Funny how that works. Escapes were the same way for me.

Several of my weekend group guys and I were at this tourney several years ago at AJ Jolly in KY. The course has several holes with a lake in play. One of the guys showed up wearing an Old Navy shirt and one of the other guys said something like, "That's a bad shirt choice for this course."

...and of course he was right because our buddy dunked 4 discs in a 2rd tourney including his favorite KC Roc, lol.

I picked up a Vanish here in Australia about six months ago and love it more an more. Very flippy but it's taught me heaps in learning how to control and trust my release angles. I'm not a big thrower, but this is most effortless 100 meters I've been able to manage in my 2 years playing.

But … I can't find any others. The market seems dry and I wouldn't mind finding another one or two. Or possibly a similar disc from a different company. Has anyone tried this and tossed a Mamba or Mystere? Are they similar?

Long shot I know but I thought I'd put it out there.

I picked up a Vanish here in Australia about six months ago and love it more an more. Very flippy but it's taught me heaps in learning how to control and trust my release angles. I'm not a big thrower, but this is most effortless 100 meters I've been able to manage in my 2 years playing.

But … I can't find any others. The market seems dry and I wouldn't mind finding another one or two. Or possibly a similar disc from a different company. Has anyone tried this and tossed a Mamba or Mystere? Are they similar?

Long shot I know but I thought I'd put it out there.

Mystere is fairly similar to the Vanish. It might even be a little better. The Vanish to me flies like a Tern with less glide. Fairly flippy.

I've tossed 3 or 4 Vanishes. Decent, but I wouldn't bag it.

You should look at the Tern if you want a good, readily available Vanish replacement. IMO the Tern is a better disc anyway.

The Mamba's long for a speed 11, but very flippy. If you're only throwing 100 meters (300ish feet), the Mamba will work well.

The Mamba's long for a speed 11, but very flippy. If you're only throwing 100 meters (300ish feet), the Mamba will work well.

Thanks - since I read your post I've been trying out a Star and Champion Mamba and I quite like them. I'll retire the Vanish and persist with these for a while.

I've very pleased with my "only 100 meters" … I'm nearly 56 and not a tall person :)