• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Vanish

So I've hopped on the Gyro train lately just for fun, I will be getting a Vanish in the next couple of days. What can I expect? The goal was to get a Stable-ish tern flight. its 174g and Neutron

Not sure if it would be the same for you, but personally the closest thing I've thrown to a Champ Tern is a 175 N Wave.

Have any of you guys thrown the 1616 stamp and a stock stamp? I was expecting this thing to be more US than it is and was wondering if the 1616s are a bit beefy...

per MVP dealer info- aug. 5th release

Axiom Proton Vanish
21.5mm Distance Class / Understable

Introducing the first 21.5mm Axiom driver in Proton -- the Vanish!

This model has proven its worth for controlled turnover and distance-adding easy stability. In Proton the Vanish will have the familiar understable performance of Neutron, with the look and feel of Axiom's dual-color candy blend. The Vanish's stability profile places it near a threshold of being straight at low power or in tailwinds, and controllably understable at high power or in mild headwinds. As a 21.5mm class GYRO™ driver, the Vanish is designed to hit a midpoint of stability between two MVP Disc Sports models, the Wave and Orbital.

i only played 1 round with mine but it is REALLY high speed understable and Late low speed Overstable. It can bomb sure, but...the control issue. I have more understable control with a Tern. I may need to work with this more. But the Vanish was not quite the Understable DEFY that I hoped it was. Again, i need more testing in the field and game play. But first impression was that it flew like a BOLT. I took the bolt out fast as I couldn't trust it as to how MUCH itll bend under or how soon it will hook back. In a tailwind it can bomb. Nose angle and wind make a huge difference for a wide rim understable max driver.

Threw the LE halloween vanish at 173g and 159g the other day in some strong cold winds.

The lighter wt was less HSS but not drastically different just noticed when i really juiced on them the lighter one didnt want to fade even thrown on higher D lines.

It was too damn cold and windy to keep throwing but plan on taking a pair out to BRP today. First thought is this could be my faster virus. Orbital was crazy US but fun to throw and vanish really does seem right in the middle of wave/orbital.

Photon/defy are a lock itb and not sure i need more US speed over relay or virus. Should be fun today.

After more work with it, I tried to like the Vanish, I really like other Axiom discs, the DEFY is a disc I really clicked with for those laser straight power drives. the Vanish is just too unpredictable for me, its really high speed understable immediately, but has the potential to Hyzer out hard. It unfortunately may be coming out of the bag for good. I may toss it is the bag for winter as the power I get in winter is always less due to weather and footing and being bundled up. But for now, I'll say Axiom should have a disc between the Vanish and Defy and THATS probably more of what I'm looking for, but for now I'll be using a Trespass in that slot

Is yours a neutron or proton? I got a proton to replace a neutron I lost, and its basically a different disc. The LE stamped N I had was a great roller disc off the shelf. US enough to turn over and roll but not so much that it would flip out hard to the right(RHBH roller). The P I cant even get it to turnover barely at all, let alone roll properly, and I have intentionally thrashed it on a fence and teepad. It just hits on a cut line and spins out.

Is yours a neutron or proton? I got a proton to replace a neutron I lost, and its basically a different disc. The LE stamped N I had was a great roller disc off the shelf. US enough to turn over and roll but not so much that it would flip out hard to the right(RHBH roller). The P I cant even get it to turnover barely at all, let alone roll properly, and I have intentionally thrashed it on a fence and teepad. It just hits on a cut line and spins out.

It was Neutron 174g

No problem. I'm happy with what I have going on. I'll toss the Vanish in there on days when I want to mix it up

Took the vanish out to BRP today. I hear what you are saying for sure on this mold but did have some great throws where my stance was restricted or we were working with some tail/right to left crosswinds. It is a really easy disc to throw far with a little hyzer and some pop on it. Not as US as orbital but on the similar level 4 sure. I really like my virus @10 speed for the more flippy US longer lines and relay is a lock too. Not sure where the vanish will shake out in the bag but I like having a "easy d" disc which can feel like cheating at times it just isn't all that useful in general.

Yeah AIM I agree, I had it in the Max D spot, but just didn't trust it. I use a TERN for anything understable and that works really well. I took out the Vanish and put in a Trespass, slower disc, but get more reliable distance lines and it still bends under just a little. I can't wait to get up to BRP again , hopefully this weekend, its been a few weeks, which is like Forever in BRP time

for me as a 350' thrower the vanish is great. I get a turn with a late fade. and can hyzer flip it on some low lines in the wood and get a great tight lines. I could see why bigger would not trust the vanish though it probably flies for them like the orbital does for where if you turn it over it is not coming back.

Got N Vanish and N Defy in mail today...172g and 169g respectively. I expect the Vanish to be more US than my Catalyst, but maybe not. The Catalyst dome drops the wing/PLH down pretty low.

The Vanish has moderate dome, the Defy is typical MVP flat. I was expecting softer Neutron in both these, but it feels normal. Pumpkin orange Plasma overmold on the Defy is pretty sweet.

The Vanish is a good bit more understable than the Catalyst. This is not so much by design but more because it's in a different speed class so the power requirement is less. Pretty sure you have a bigger arm, so you'll probably want to flip it instead of throwing flat.

Yeah, I always hyzer-flip understable unless I'm throwing a long anhyzer, thx.

21.5 to 23mm isn't a big bump in speed, but will have to see.

Got out early today and threw the Vanish at a field along with a Flash, Avenger SS, and the Catalyst(for a direct MVP/MVP comparison). No wind that early in the morning.

Vanish for me is controllable understable if hyzer-flipped. It will flip to flat and turn over, but not drastically, and it does hook up at the very end. Long anhyzers using a flat release and giving some height go a long way, and finish flat.

It was less understable than the Avenger SS, but more understable than the Flash and Catalyst. Not a bad US driver, even though it doesn't have quite the distance potential of the 23mm's....Catalyst was going about 30 ft further on average.

FWIW...

Sounds like my experience. Vanish has taken a spot in the bag for now but not sure it is "needed" ...

... Has a sweet stamp so f it.