• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Wanted] Vibram Super Firm Ridge - Vibram Open 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trizzor

Bogey Member
Looking for anything 7/10 and above.
These were produced in 2011 for the Vibram Open.
PM me.

I've been trying to figure out why you would be interested in this disc ?

Ok, its a Ridge, which is arguably the most popular Vibram disc, I'll concede that, but, the Super Firms weren't anything special as far as colors.
This was not the first hot stamped Vibram, so there's no value there.

It is one of the rarest discs Vibram has ever made, I believe the only discs Vibram has ever made fewer of was the Christmas Ridge.

7/10 to me means you want a thrower, but why ?
The Super Firms have more plastic than any other Vibram ever made, which means they damage easily, some even came out of the mold with blems.
They will beat in faster than any other Vibram formula, which means an SF Ridge will become a hyzerflip only disc, less stable than a Summit, if you throw it regularly.
Plus, if you lost it you would never find another to replace it.

If you're still not deterred, I know Dana V. grabbed a fresh one off of Ebay last year, probably the last one still not in a collectors hand, and its a sweet plum purple color.
He has more than one, and I doubt he's crazy enough to still throw them, so if you sweet talk him, maybe he will come off of it, but be prepared for sticker shock, its gonna be like trying to buy prime Wagyu beef.

Dana posted that disc for sale not too long ago...I believe it sold for $60+

If there were as many made as you think, then it would seem to me that you would have found one by now.

I still believe there are only around 30 of them.

I have 2. I bought the last one Dodge had personally in 2012, and threw it a few times to see how it flies compared to all my other Ridges, but when he said they wouldn't make any more, I retired it to the wall.

The other one I have is brand new, 172 grams, never thrown. I bought it from Prime, at the same time Dana got his second purple one. These were the last I have seen offered for sale.

I have no reason to come off one, I will never be able to replace it, and it looks great on my wall O' Vibrams, but I need a new spendy tire for my truck, so if you have a grip of cash, I might consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.