• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weak hips?

tisjja

Hi guys.
So when studying pro's backhands I notice how well they seem to be able to withstand all the force that comes from the x-step into the brace. Their back leg/hip rotates/opens up against that closed front hip which seems closed pretty late into the pull until it kind of snaps back very quick and late.

So... does my hips, like probably most amateurs hips suck because they are weak or do they suck because of something else... like bad internal rotation caused by bad flexibility for example?
...Posture?

Have any one else noticed the same?

I am sure there are some strength issues but my guess is it mostly a flexibility issue.

There are some good disc golf stretching videos out there. And I have started taking some yoga classes to help with my flexibility mostly directed in the hip region.

I think there could be issues with that, but the majority of it is 1. The wrong concept of the movement of the lower body itself and 2. Much like professional quarterbacks, javelin throwers, golfers etc they're incredible athletes as well.

Balance. I was playing my best and shooting par at Idlewild after maintaining a gym routine that included squats on a half ball balance trainer. Now I don't work out at all and play like garbage on less difficult course in north Alabama. I notice my balance completely sucks now.

I'm sold on the balance trainer the young trainer recommended though.

Latest posts