• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Westside Black Basket

I'd be curious if the Mach II is worth $70 more.

That I don't know. What I do know for sure is that if you're willing to spend money for a portable basket, this is probably where you should start looking. The ones for $120 and under are utter crap compared to this, and the difference in price point is miniscule compared to the difference in quality.

When you finish that suit of body armor, you should send it to nolangherity so he can galvanize it for you.....since you don't know anything about paint:p

well honestly spray painting a basket is a horrible idea, even with industrial strength adhesion and 2 part cover. It will rub off on your discs.

How portable are they really, it says that the pole is two pieces, but how easy is it to take apart and if taken apart too often will it fall apart?

The main reason I am asking is because I have an Innova Traveler that I keep in my car and use for random putting practice and an extra hole for our Sunday doubles round and I want something a little better.

If I can break it down quickly and secure it together with a few velcro straps in my trunk I may be in for one.

I'm curious if these are comparable to the Mach II. More to the point, I'd be curious if the Mach II is worth $70 more.

I would lean towards the Mach II, however, I am biased because I just bought one and love it. The Mach II is more corrosion resistant and seems sturdier in my opinion. With that said, I think the Westside basket will be excellent competition with the Innova Discatcher Sport.

I would lean towards the Mach II, however, I am biased because I just bought one and love it. The Mach II is more corrosion resistant and seems sturdier in my opinion. With that said, I think the Westside basket will be excellent competition with the Innova Discatcher Sport.

What experience do you have with the Westside basket?

I might have to buy one of these. Does DD have a bunch and that price is set or do I need to jump on it soon?

How portable are they really, it says that the pole is two pieces, but how easy is it to take apart and if taken apart too often will it fall apart?

The main reason I am asking is because I have an Innova Traveler that I keep in my car and use for random putting practice and an extra hole for our Sunday doubles round and I want something a little better.

If I can break it down quickly and secure it together with a few velcro straps in my trunk I may be in for one.

I didn't give it a big look over for take down. I really didn't even know it was a portable type until I saw a later ad and description. I thought it was a poorly made course design. For a semi portable and this price tag though I think it's a very good option. I've seen a pic of one in use in europe and the finish on that one seemed to look better than the one I saw. The basket part is a little bit slanted and a weird shape. It seemed to be portable like the Instep baskets are. Taking them down a lot won't make them fall apart but they aren't like fold up style either. I think the two piece pole goes together just below the basket and you can probably remove the basket part and that's it. With some tools it should break back down to flat since they are shipped flat and in pieces in a box.

I might have to buy one of these. Does DD have a bunch and that price is set or do I need to jump on it soon?

I think they got a truck of them and will maybe have more eventually but if you want one I'd get it now because they are probably going to sell fast this time around.

Does anyone know for sure if you need tools to break it down, or does it have some sort of spring loaded button lock system?

Last edited:
If anyone wants to try one, I'm a Trilogy dealer. $165 shipped. PM me.

I wish they would show how "easy" it is to break down like they claim.

I think they got a truck of them and will maybe have more eventually but if you want one I'd get it now because they are probably going to sell fast this time around.

Fine, I bought one.

I'll let you guys know how it goes together and comes apart once it arrives.

Fine, I bought one.

I'll let you guys know how it goes together and comes apart once it arrives.

Cool. Let's know how the finish is too because the only one I've seen outside of the box was possibly not a good example of all of them or was just a proto. It was very poorly done without full coverage and a lot of sharp extra edges not taken off.

So you guys want a video or just description and pics? So far we are interested in the finish quality and how it assembles and disassembles. Anything else I should touch on? Do we care how it catches or are we assuming we know what a 12 outer 6 inner chain basket is and catches like. Any particular basket I should compare it to?
I've got: ChainStar, DB-5, Vortex, Mach III, Liberty, Titan, Discatcher Sport & Pro 28.
Price wise the closest are the Sport that costs less and the DB-5 more. All three have the same chain count but the Black basket it the only one that has them configured as two sets.

So you guys want a video or just description and pics? So far we are interested in the finish quality and how it assembles and disassembles. Anything else I should touch on? Do we care how it catches or are we assuming we know what a 12 outer 6 inner chain basket is and catches like. Any particular basket I should compare it to?
I've got: ChainStar, DB-5, Vortex, Mach III, Liberty, Titan, Discatcher Sport & Pro 28.
Price wise the closest are the Sport that costs less and the DB-5 more. All three have the same chain count but the Black basket it the only one that has them configured as two sets.

Can you do pics and a video? I can view pics from my work computer, but not video.... I think a comparison with the Sport and the DB-5 would be a great comparison. We can always ask more questions after you have your hands on it. :)

Picked one up myself from DD. I also have a 7 year old Instep(Still in good shape minus paint fade) that's been outside most of it's years that I just added the inner chains to. After putting it together once I would say this is a max 5 minute up and 5 minute down basket. Only real slow down is if you disconnect the chains. Really easy. One bolt that only needs to be hand tightened. You could probably buy a pin with washer and cotter pin to replace that. Everything else is screwed in. Haven't thrown much at it but I will say the basket slope is a little weird and it is extremely loud. Loud enough that last night I had dogs barking at me from 400+ yards away. Might be able to fill the pole with expanding foam to knock that down though. I will do a side by side pic with these two models when I get a chance.

Latest posts