• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc is closest in flight to one of the old Firebirds?

Matt

Par Member
I had a custom stamped firebird (so I don't know if it was a 12x or what) that was flat topped and was very overstable but it somehow has disappeared from my bag. It was perfect for short to medium range flex shots. All the regular 12x firebirds I've thrown are much less overstable and are not what I'm looking for. A friend let me borrow his old champion style plastic Pro firebird and it was very similar. My question is what disc will fly most similar to those "good" Firebirds?

If you want to get another Firebird, lookout for 11x ones, otherwise I think the closest thing would be a Latitude 64 Opto XXX.

don't pick up a gL xx. It'll break in eventually

as an avid 11xfb thrower, the next best thing is a xxx in opto. Make sure you get a flat one though,there have been some variances in dome lately. IMO when I was throwing the xx it was actually a littl better than a 11x fb. Longer,better skips,and just straight beef. I took it out though because I love my fbs too much and have backups. But You won't be disappointed with a xxx