• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the purpose of the new Ching baskets?

Seems to me that this catching system would be much less costly than the current offerings, which might help get more courses in the ground. So that's good. Undoubtedly way harder as a target, which I don't think is a goal I'd shoot for if I was looking into a target redesign. Might make a nice modification for outdated "short courses" which need more challenges and can't just add length. Reminds me of the Dr. Fred baskets without all the promotional whining.

I'd be worried about the removable flags ending up in the nearest pond. The chuckleheads out there would have a field day with them.

Yeah, even though I could just as easy use a trash can, if it helped local parks establish themselves as dg friendly- I wouldn't complain

The first course I played had hula-hoops to hole out through. They SUCKED. With these, we've gone back in time.

Not to mention the lack of chain sound. :thmbdown:

I think the goal should be to find something that catches as good or better than chains without the price of chains.

I like the current design, it looks...iconic? cool? official?

IF we had played on the ching butterflies since the beginning a chain basket would be laughed at and called silly looking...but this isnt the case is it?

Its gotta be an economy thing. I mean how much could that cost? It reminds me of the whamo minnie basket I bought for $25. I played Anna ?????? park in Illinois. I only played the west course, but those were nice baskets. Anyone know what Im talking about? How much do they cost?

Eds original design was meant to emulate an object, like a tree, but with "confirmation" that the disc went in.
No "maybes" like a tree hit, the disc must be in the basket to count.
This style of target, if not already, should be universally adopted as THE target of disc golf, and should be the only style anyone learns the game on.

That thing Ching has is interesting, but is in no way, a disc golf target.
Bet they come out with a putter shaped like a baseball now.

Haha, okay, I'm totally new to this site and pretty-much new to disc golf (I started playing last Summer). But I can surely say that this Ching product is ridiculously funny looking. The only REAL purpose I can think of for this, would be to use it as a child's basketball net. I mean, that is unless you're going to bounce tennis balls from various distances into it....

this might possibly be the worst idea that has ever existed in the history of disc golf

this might possibly be the worst idea that has evr existed in the history of disc golf

All you spin putters are just mad that us lofters can hit putts more consistantly on any pdga approved basket;)

I'm really interested in these new style baskets and would travel a fair distance to give a course with them a try. Hmm... building a few shouldn't be too tough...

It would really change the short game a lot. Almost to the point of being a completely different game. Seems like it would be an interesting challenge. I want to give it a try.

Why all the hate for the design though? Open your mind a little. Bet a what passes for a good hit on these style baskets don't spit out.

I really have considered the positives- and there are a few, but it really comes down to people loving the ching (how ironic) of the chains over a dung or swoosh AND the fact that one could simply use tilted garbage cans and achieve the same effect;)

The new Leppard Flying Disc Target. Included but not shown: Three legs to elevate basket and a flag pole. Some assembly required. Only $29.95.

Attachments

• 508233.jpg
    508233.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts