• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What is your favorite Innova plastic?

What is your favorite Innova plastic?

• Star

Votes: 57 33.3%
  • Champion

Votes: 82 48.0%
  • Pro

Votes: 21 12.3%
  • DX

Votes: 11 6.4%

• Total voters
And if you pick discs that get better as they beat in, how durable do you really want them to be?

Thats actually a problem I'm having with Discraft discs. I actually find that I like ESP the best as far as flight goes for their discs which is odd because people compare it to Innova Star which might be my LEAST favorite plastic. I guess ESP does beat in more than the other Premium plastics, but it does take a lot longer than my DX or Pro.

I like Pro and DX. I really dont care how durable a disc is, all I care about is how it flies.

I used to have three Cyclones in my bag for this reason and would just shift them along as they wore out. The problem with this method is that you are never quite sure how beat up a disc is, especially after a good smack off a tree. I remember the thought process, "okay, I just hit that tree, I'll probably need to put another 5 degrees of hyzer on the release." but not really knowing if that was true.

I agree that flight is paramount, but I'd say durability is what makes the flight consistent over time. Having said that, I tend to play wooded courses and there are some road OBs that scuff up entry level material a lot too.

kinda depends on the mold..teebird i only throw DX but everything else Innova i like the Champion Plastic..especially the nice ol soft, pearly kind :)

I used to have three Cyclones in my bag for this reason and would just shift them along as they wore out. The problem with this method is that you are never quite sure how beat up a disc is, especially after a good smack off a tree. I remember the thought process, "okay, I just hit that tree, I'll probably need to put another 5 degrees of hyzer on the release." but not really knowing if that was true.

I agree that flight is paramount, but I'd say durability is what makes the flight consistent over time. Having said that, I tend to play wooded courses and there are some road OBs that scuff up entry level material a lot too.

Well, there definitely is a place for durable plastic, I play a lot of wooded courses as well, but I cant say I worry too much as only once has a single tree hit drastically affected my flight, but it was quite obvious it was going to do so because I tacoed the disc into a tree less than 10' away and it was visibly damaged.

the places where I would put more weight on durability are some of those rocky mountain and desert courses or; as of right now I use more durable plastic for my OH shots that I tend to use to throw really high and are going to make a hell of an impact on the ground.

They all have their place.

Latest posts