• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your longest/ farthest flying disc as of July 2015?

Seasoned TP World at 172g with a slight dome. Farthest flying for sure. I carry 3 other Worlds that all get amazing distance as well.

160g Star Tern for absolute MAX D in the open.

155g Neutron Inertia is within 10-20' usually and is much less touchy, so it's my go to.

With no wind or slight tail, a star vulcan is my max distance driver (typically able to get 400' with a decent forehand on flat ground). Mind you I like pop-toppy-ish vulcans. I have a first run that's really flat and flips too much; now it's a wall diva.

Those are super finicky though. It's tough to know what the wind is doing 200' feet away and 20' in the air, so I don't really huck the vulcan as often as I want to. For headwind situations I can get a flat top boss to go almost that far: beat star boss for slight headwinds, moving up to a newer champ boss for heavy headwinds.

All of these discs are over 170g.

Last edited:
Seasoned Pro Wraith - about 168g. Love the new ones too, but too stable for me to be pure distance.

#2 Champ Katana - 170ish

168g Icon Outlaw (Blue 2nd Run)

Hitting about 390 consistently, a few random flyers out at 425ish every once in a while.

Right now the Mamba. But my new MVP Wave will be in tomorrow morning's mail.

And while it's touchy, when I throw it with the correct amount of hyzer flip and nose angle, the Wave is my longest throwing disc ever...

Got my P-line DD out to 480' about 3 times at BRP hole 17 driving range. Also got my destroyers right around it too.

Haven't thrown anything flippy for distance yet.. The DD 480 was all pure straight, to straight fade no turn.

I prefer discs that hold up to a lot of torque and don't turn which is why I throw discmania.

I have some DD2's I barely throw, I bet I could break that 480 with 'em! Or beat in some of my destroyers theyre all fresh max champ and star. I'm not worried now that I finally had someone slow mo me and I can see that I'm doing what I need to be doing. I spent too much time in the field this year, and although I'm crushing my discs, I have to re-apply all of that to actually courses, not soccer fields haha. Finally getting my putting to average now too.

I'm a newbie, and for me, it's my 162g star teebird. I know that may not be considered as a driver, but that is the maximum that I can handle at my skill level!:)

VIP world is longest consistently on the course. The new runs of vip King has potential to go further, but is touchy enough its not used often.

My longest measured drive ever is still with a 168g GL River about 5 years ago, not on a golf line. We were playing with the wind off a teepad of whats now hole 4 at edora (was hole 1 then) after a league. I won't say how long, cause this isn't a thread for interenet/actual D discussion.

G-Star Tern for me. It can be a little wonky at times but it can get some serious distance If i have it dialed in right.

169g Pro Wraith. Really considering a lightweight Z-Nuke for max D.

Star Tern is my longest but I don't bag it, too finicky. I do bag a champ Tern that's my go to long distance. Pro Wraith is my longest accurate disc.

167 Pro Wraith and 169 TP Hatchet just took the top two spots for me tonight

Topped out at an estimated 440' LHFH drive with a HukLab stamped VIP World... Next mini I played sent the World into the drink. Had 3 OB's and only the Lost World. But it was a sweet one. Now I've gotta figure out how the TP World compares...

BH is probably the Cryztal Nuke around 100' less

161 Medium Lace. 465' just last week.

But a typical big distance throw for me is more like 380'. For golf lines, I use a 175 Champ Tern or a 175 Champ Orc. Occasionally a 175 Star Destroyer.

175 Opto Bolt - with the right wind it goes forever
175 ESP Crank - more consistent than the Bolt so overall better distance
173 Deco Saint - beat to hell and has amazing distance when I get just the right angle even though it's a slower disc.

Latest posts