• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what plastics take dye?

Yes. I dyed an ultra-star. Dyed about like dx. Never got very dark. The stamp was almost impossible to remove, and it was burned in super deep.

Did this on an SP Rogue, was way easier than champ imo.
IMG00342-20120202-0616.jpg

There is one in the Dye a day thread. Looks like it took just fine with some bleed issues from the stamp area. (Nothing new with discraft.)

Nothingness I'll ask bcr to put it in the techniques sticky, hopefully some people start their quest for answers there.

Here's a heads up. I tried to wipe the stamp on an Innova Destroyer this morning, the Avery sig and the Innova logo wiped just fine but the Star Destroyer and flight numbers absolutely refused to come off. That part was black, the Innova logo and Avery sig were gold. Never had this happen before. The disc looks pretty new, I'm hoping Innova hasn't messed things up.

One of the DGS guys wanted me to test out the new Prodigy plastic. The stamp is thick and gonna be trouble, 1st pic shows where I tried to wipe the small tm. I used a q-tip and it took too much rubbing, leaving a noticeable dull spot in the shiny surface. Using a cotton ball soaked and letting the acetone do the work might work but you gonna have to be very careful. I just tried a couple of small spin dye lines and they took just fine, no noticeable dulling using acetone with a brush. Makes me think they will dye just fine but the stamp is going to be an issue.

prodigytestDSC_3375_zps286bddf2.jpg

prodigytestDSC_3380_zps419174d7.jpg

Has anyone tried dyeing any of the plastic from Dynamic Discs? My guess is the soft won't dye while the regular might, but I haven't been able to get my hands on anything yet. Anybody try them yet?

Dynamic discs is molded by Latitude 64. Should be the same. I don't expect the baseline putter plastic to take dye.

I got a Trespass in my player's pak this weekend, I suspect it's biofusion and will confirm that soon. It'll be tested shortly and I'll get back with the results.

Latest posts