• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What weight putter do you use?

Weight of putter

• 150 class

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 151g-159g

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 160g-164g

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 165g-169g

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • 170g-175g

Votes: 165 91.7%

• Total voters
Lots of people here would benefit from carrying a slightly lighter putter, think 170. You really don't lose any stability and gain some easy distance on putter shots.

Also I have a 155 wizard I've been using for fun and I can crank on that thing with a power grip and not flip it over, it's awesome.

Lots of people here would benefit from carrying a slightly lighter putter, think 170. You really don't lose any stability and gain some easy distance on putter shots.

Also I have a 155 wizard I've been using for fun and I can crank on that thing with a power grip and not flip it over, it's awesome.

I don't mind a tad lighter putter but certain putters, like the VP's I use (they come in 170-172 or 173-175), I can tell when they're not max weight, they just feel lighter in my hands (that's when you know I play a little too much DG) and I like the bulky feeling.

Honestly I don't know anyone that doesn't use putters above 170. I've always used Challengers 172-174 by convention.

Something I've always wanted to try. I just always think wind would be an issue.

Wind is a factor for any putter.

This is true. Putters are the bluntest discs, and therefore influenced by the wind more than any other discs. This is exactly why I use heavier putters. Even 170 gets tossed around a lot more than 173+. They stability is the same, but wind resistance is not. Blake talked me into trying some lighter putters, but I did not stick with them due to the swirling and gusty winds we have here on the coast where I live. I also don't care too much about making long putts (outside 40-50'), which is where the lighter putters provide more advantage.

170 soft magnets. They have good glide, i just need to get more accurate to use that glide. Possibly switching to a Aviar putt and approach.

I have a 176 soft focus that is my go to, but I also have a 171 and a 173. I just like the stability of that putter. I have a challenger on the way that weights 174. My focus is pretty straight, so I'm hoping the challenger has a little more fade.

175 Soft wizard for approaches aind short drives.
175 SS omegas for anyting insde 50 feet.
I carry 2 of each.

I just played two very open courses in the wind and my 167 wizard was just as good as the other guys' max weight putters.

All 150, all the time.
I'll echo the 150 Wizard comments... they make awesome putt/approach/short-midrange discs.
FWIW, I like my 143 SS Voodoo better than the 150 Wizards. I got one in the same blend as Discspeed's favorite Voodoos and I feel it is spot on for everything I ever wanted in a putter.

175. It handles the wind well, and one weight for anything makes sense to me.

all my putters are 172-175. aviar and nothing but. Handles windy conditions well and i like to throw them off the tee as well.

when putting I dont think it makes that huge of a differnce as Frank Delicious pointed out. I know a guy that actually prefers in the high 160s for his overstable putters because he can keep it on a straighter line longer (push putter). I dont throw anything super overstable so I am happy with the 174/175 range because that is what feels best in my hands.

Latest posts