• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

whats the craziest thing you've done to get a disc

Pier Park #7 [normal layout] in the left[short] position collects a small pond about 40' across and 8" deep. Think you'd see the disc, right?
I saw where the disc landed---not visible. Can't find it with a stick. Take off socks and shoes, wade around for 5 minutes, 35* weather, feet so cold and purple I almost don't feel it when I step on it.
My feet didn't warm up till I was home for an hour. And had two Terminal Gravity IPAs in me. :D

Bad wind picked up right as I released my drive. Huge river, 10' deep, and 20' wide, and that's at the bottom of the 10' cliff. Took off my shoes, socks, and shirt, and went cliff diving. Retrieved my disc from the bottom of the river, and climbed vines and low hanging tree branches back up the cliff.

I once raked a snow covered fairway, for over two houra finally found one of my teebirds, that has since been lost again. I am at a point now where i throw all stock disc and have backups for alot of them so I dont do anything crazy any more. Unless i loose my 3x jk avair that would prob be a weeks long none stop search.

This is why I won't disc golf in more then 6 inches of snow anymore.

1. I scaled a steep slope, almost cliff, for a CE disc.
2. I spent a lot of money on mulligans so I would win the "most mulligan" disc at a charity tourney.
3. I jumped in a pond that had ice floating on it to get a DX leopard that was sentimental for a friend.
4. I have jumped in Maple Hill in my underware when I played with Solomon.trenton to get a Hydra

There was one time years ago where I gave a guy a few handigans for a disc. Sadly I don't even remember what the disc was.

I trudged through a swamp to grab mine. No idea where it was, but it was a highly value 185g Scorpion. Loved that disc (ended up losing it again after about 4 more rounds).

After retrieving it, ruining my shoes, and bringing a smell to my friends car that was nothing short of atrocious... the attached illustrates my excitement.

Attachments

• DG.jpg
    DG.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 70
I got a good one for this thread. we had a course called Inland Greens. It was a disc golf course that ran along a Par 3 golf course in the middle of town. GREAT course so sad it got pulled. The course had many ponds which made for expensive rounds sometimes. and as you can imagine the grounds crews were not stoked on disc golfers going in the water after thier discs.

So i turned, a nicely tuned augusta worlds CFR champ wraith, over on a hole that has water running the whole right side of the fairway. the pond was not really wide, maybe 80 feet, and there were several bushes on the far side of the pond as well so it obstructed my view so i really couldn't see exactly where it went in the water. This is December mind you so the water was COLD. it was in the evening that i was playing the round so i didn't have much time to look. i chalked it up to in the water and went on home that night. I devised a plan that night to try to find my disc.

I showed up at 7:30 that next morning which was shortly after dawn. well before the grounds dudes were at work and hopefully before msot of the residence of the neighborhood the course was in were up. I am in full surf gear. My 3mm thick wetsuit and booties. i stealth down to the pond slip in and start looking for my disc. the water is only about 3 feet deep. i look for at least 20 minutes which is a ridiculous amount of time to be in this get up and lurking in a pond in a slightly upscale neighborhood. alas all that time no disc. so i am giving up and slipping out of the water right next to one of the larger bushes on the far side of the pond. i take one last look in the bush as i am basically under it at this point and low and behold there is the disc dry as a bone right under the bush.:doh:

Last edited:
Had a favorite disc stuck on the roof of this building in a neighboring town...

34d1e370.jpg

So I went to the local Wal-Mart and spent $36 on a three step Cosco ladder stool to give me the extra height to reach it, to save a $15 disc. I figured that I could use the stool for other things and it did come in handy on getting other discs out of trees or getting me over fences. I even let my nephew and his newlywed wife borrow it to paint their apartment.

One day just over a year ago, I had a frustrating time trying to reach another disc high in an evergreen tree on the last hole. Even with the ladder it was unreachable, so I looked for the only projectile like thing I could find, an empty Dasani bottle, filled it with small gravel, climbed the ladder, and after about 20 attempts, finally knocked it out. I was so exhausted attempting to retrieve the disc (worth about $11) that I put the disc in my bag, threw the bag in my trunk and drove home...

...and forgot the damned ladder. By the time I discovered that I had forgotten it, and drove back down to the course, of course it was long gone.
:wall:

I clearly spent a dollar to save a quarter there.

If you had remembered the ladder you coulda just returned it lol

On topic craziest thing i did...3 or 4 times for discs. I climbed a tree and shimmied across a thin branch to get on the roof of a two story high building...never my disc usually my friends or a random that was up on the building tempting me for a week or so...so far none with numbers up there but none that i liked either.

Had a favorite disc stuck on the roof of this building in a neighboring town...

34d1e370.jpg

So I went to the local Wal-Mart and spent $36 on a three step Cosco ladder stool to give me the extra height to reach it, to save a $15 disc. I figured that I could use the stool for other things and it did come in handy on getting other discs out of trees or getting me over fences. I even let my nephew and his newlywed wife borrow it to paint their apartment.

One day just over a year ago, I had a frustrating time trying to reach another disc high in an evergreen tree on the last hole. Even with the ladder it was unreachable, so I looked for the only projectile like thing I could find, an empty Dasani bottle, filled it with small gravel, climbed the ladder, and after about 20 attempts, finally knocked it out. I was so exhausted attempting to retrieve the disc (worth about $11) that I put the disc in my bag, threw the bag in my trunk and drove home...

...and forgot the damned ladder. By the time I discovered that I had forgotten it, and drove back down to the course, of course it was long gone.
:wall:

I clearly spent a dollar to save a quarter there.
I have chucked a disc up there myself. (Lakeside, McPherson KS) My buddy laughed at me and then proceeded to land his up there as well! He convinced me to let him climb up there standing on my shoulders....

I rappelled down the side of an arroyo. Not a big feat when you consider that the distance I could have fallen was a whole ten feet and I would have landed in soft sand. My father-in-law and my wife thought it was a little nuts though.

I got a good one for this thread. we had a course called Inland Greens. It was a disc golf course that ran along a Par 3 golf course in the middle of town. GREAT course so sad it got pulled. The course had many ponds which made for expensive rounds sometimes. and as you can imagine the grounds crews were not stoked on disc golfers going in the water after thier discs.

So i turned, a nicely tuned augusta worlds CFR champ wraith, over on a hole that has water running the whole right side of the fairway. the pond was not really wide, maybe 80 feet, and there were several bushes on the far side of the pond as well so it obstructed my view so i really couldn't see exactly where it went in the water. This is December mind you so the water was COLD. it was in the evening that i was playing the round so i didn't have much time to look. i chalked it up to in the water and went on home that night. I devised a plan that night to try to find my disc.

I showed up at 7:30 that next morning which was shortly after dawn. well before the grounds dudes were at work and hopefully before msot of the residence of the neighborhood the course was in were up. I am in full surf gear. My 3mm thick wetsuit and booties. i stealth down to the pond slip in and start looking for my disc. the water is only about 3 feet deep. i look for at least 20 minutes which is a ridiculous amount of time to be in this get up and lurking in a pond in a slightly upscale neighborhood. alas all that time no disc. so i am giving up and slipping out of the water right next to one of the larger bushes on the far side of the pond. i take one last look in the bush as i am basically under it at this point and low and behold there is the disc dry as a bone right under the bush.:doh:

Great story! That definitely sounds like something that would happen to me...

Friend and I both went into a pond at our local course in full wet suits, booties, and gloves looking for a couple discs we had lost earlier. Most of the time we were sinking in at least knee and something crotch deep in muck. Several time we sank so deep I thought we were going to be stuck. Also about half the area was thickly covered with lilly pads.

We spend about 2 hours methodically searching and found several other discs but not ours.

But I guess we didn't learn our lesson cause we're still talking about sneaking in with a canoe and a rack or fish net.

Was throwing discs around my building at work when I threw a spike hyzer and the wind caught it and blew it on the roof. I work at a alarm security company so when I went to climb the inside ladder to the roof I noticed an alarm sensor. Had to get the people that monitor thesensors to disable the alarm so I could climb on the roof.

Latest posts