• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where's the Joan-ez?

There's no politics to be had. If you wanted to call it something I suppose you could call it pandering but I can't see how the OP would benefit from such a thing? Perhaps in that women might think he is or isn't creepy? Try this, a desire to help grow the women's side. Motivation? Let's call it character, as in some have enough character to think that helping folks who aren't them is a good thing.

Some times folks really are just good of heart and want to help others. We used to think that was a good thing.

There's no politics to be had. If you wanted to call it something I suppose you could call it pandering but I can't see how the OP would benefit from such a thing? Perhaps in that women might think he is or isn't creepy? Try this, a desire to help grow the women's side. Motivation? Let's call it character, as in some have enough character to think that helping folks who aren't them is a good thing.

Some times folks really are just good of heart and want to help others. We used to think that was a good thing.

After some thought, I decided I wanted to reframe this. I can look at the intent of the OP and find all kinds of motivation. Political, creepy, noble, sexist. I'm gonna take what he did and look at it in the most positive light. As a good thing. We've gotten in the habit of looking for the worst motivations in what people do. I find it makes me feel better if I look for the best motivations instead of the worst.

I think it's a great idea and if I see a Patreon I'm gonna support that.

In 2019, I'm really making an effort to support any women generated DG video. Can anyone point me to those content creators?

Do they have to have typical female anatomy from birth for you to seek to support them? Or, is it alright if they surgically switched anatomies somewhere down the line? What if they have a mixture of the two types of reproductive sets; will you only seek to support them at a 50% rate of a full woman? What if they have all male parts, but identify as female; do they get a slight bonus?

Count me with the poster who said content should be judged on it's own merits, not the what's between someone's legs.

^ dude prolly thinks women are on an equal footing with men and that prejudice is a thing of the past:rolleyes:

Women ARE on unequal footing and it is a result of prejudice.

I wish people didn't feel the solution to sexism/racism was MORE sexism/racism in the opposite direction. It never unifies anyone and only serves to highlight divisions.

As the OP, i would like to reiterate support for women generated content and express regret for the weirdness This thread rapidly became. Thanks to to those who posted legit suggestions which pointed me to content I didn't know about previously. Finally, I second the landfill suggestion as beyond the few helpful links thread has gone and stayed sideways

Women ARE on unequal footing and it is a result of prejudice.

I wish people didn't feel the solution to sexism/racism was MORE sexism/racism in the opposite direction. It never unifies anyone and only serves to highlight divisions.

highlight the divisions that some have more opportunity than others... ignore the problem, it'll go away...not.

to the landfill where nothing ever changes, out of sight out of mind

100 years ago women weren't allowed to vote and a century later they still have some catching up to do in terms of equality and opportunity, especially if they don't fit the biological mold you spelled out in #23.

If someone wants to give them a leg up with a little help, I don't see the problem but doing nothing just maintains the status quo.

a century later they still have some catching up to do in terms of equality and opportunity

i'm curious where you think women are still lacking with regards to equality and opportunity. equality of opportunity does not mean equality of outcome.

Oh God damn, we're gonna turn this into a third wave feminism thread, aren't we? People it's pretty simple, if someone wants to invest their time and money to produce more women's disc golf content there is nothing stopping them. Women, men, really smart gorillas, other sentient beings with opposable thumbs, etc are all open to doing their thing. I'd love to see more FPO coverage because the field has a lot of good players and there is decent parity now but I'm just one dude. You can't force people to care about or watch FPO just like you can't force people to go to WNBA games. If the entertainment value is there people will support it. Otherwise it will just have to take a backseat in clicks and views to MPO until such a time when there are a lot more women in DG as a whole to provide the grassroots base for viewership.

Instead of whining about patriarchy and prejudice people should spend more time encouraging mothers, sisters, daughters, wives, girlfriends, etc to play and get the bug like we have. Start women's only clinics, etc. There is no magic bullet that solve everything, it all has to grow organically from all over. Hopefully that Disc Golf Dame can plant the seed for women's DG coverage and grow it from that angle. If they do it well all we can do is support them.

Oh God damn, we're gonna turn this into a third wave feminism thread, aren't we? People it's pretty simple, if someone wants to invest their time and money to produce more women's disc golf content there is nothing stopping them. Women, men, really smart gorillas, other sentient beings with opposable thumbs, etc are all open to doing their thing. I'd love to see more FPO coverage because the field has a lot of good players and there is decent parity now but I'm just one dude. You can't force people to care about or watch FPO just like you can't force people to go to WNBA games. If the entertainment value is there people will support it. Otherwise it will just have to take a backseat in clicks and views to MPO until such a time when there are a lot more women in DG as a whole to provide the grassroots base for viewership.

Instead of whining about patriarchy and prejudice people should spend more time encouraging mothers, sisters, daughters, wives, girlfriends, etc to play and get the bug like we have. Start women's only clinics, etc. There is no magic bullet that solve everything, it all has to grow organically from all over. Hopefully that Disc Golf Dame can plant the seed for women's DG coverage and grow it from that angle. If they do it well all we can do is support them.

Remember, this started with someone looking to support such things, and someone calling them out for political pandering and someone else saying they might be creepy. I'm simply saying, bugger off, if someone wants to do something that has a good end result, we don't need a political or social commentary.

I just don't understand the need to look at things folks do in the most negative interpretation as opposed to the most positive?

Remember, this started with someone looking to support such things, and someone calling them out for political pandering and someone else saying they might be creepy. I'm simply saying, bugger off, if someone wants to do something that has a good end result, we don't need a political or social commentary.

I just don't understand the need to look at things folks do in the most negative interpretation as opposed to the most positive?

Leave the above and landfill the rest of the tripe. :wall::wall:

I can whine and found a women's league at the same time.

It's current year, if you're not being offensive you have to be offended. Those are the rules now.

*guy makes fairly innocuous thread*
*guy replies with sarcasm*
[choose your own adventure: Ignore the opinion you don't agree with and make helpful reply to OP

OR

Spam the thread with more bad opinions]

*spamspamspamspamspamspamspam...*
I can whine and found a women's league at the same time.
That's the American spirit!

Latest posts