• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Which SS plastic?

Hoss22

Eagle Member
So I've seen a couple posts mention this, but not fully answer my question. What I want to know is for those that have thrown the Avenger SS, which plastic has worked best for you and why. I use to have a Beast that I liked for those hyzer flip anny's, and was considering putting something similar in my bag. And no, I'm not just going to get another Beast. And yes, it will be an Avenger SS. I'm just intrigued by it for some reason. So what's the verdict on the best plastic type?

I personally loved the FLX ones, even though a lot of people hate on that plastic. Wonderful grip IMO and doesn't ricochet like a harder plastic would if you nail a tree at full speed. Also, FLX plays better than other plastic in the rain/mud. (again, IMO)

FLX would be a good choice. My Z is pretty stable; pretty tough to get it to hyzer-flip to anny. FLX doesn't break in as fast as regular ESP.

zzzzz all day. flx is too stable. esp should be banished from disc golf.z is closest to what the a-ss should be. It is a great mold which shines in z plastic. I tried the flx and compared to the z it had less glide and was more stable. Never thrown esp but i would assume that it would be close to the flx. z was the way it was meant to be!!

Last edited:
I'm looking to order some Avenger SS for a outing and I'm curious myself what people prefer. Any thoughts on the Crystal Z Avenger SS.

Z will hold up the longest from wear. I have a fresh ESP that is super flippy and easy to hyzer flip into a right turn RHBH for me. I took it out in favor of a flat GL river that gives a better line and reduces the number of molds in my bag.

It really depends on how understable you want to go. I personally throw the Z SS' because they are perfect for throwing rollers right out of the box. After I beat them up I give them away and go back to a Freshy. Ive thrown the ESP's but they just beat in to fast for what I use them for. That being said the Avenger SS is going to be quite abit different than your Beast. I think they are much slower and waaaay more understable.

I have a Z Avenger SS and a Esp Flx Avenger SS. Once the Z was thrown several times it started that slight flip and would ease its way to the right and I could control it nicely and it has held that status for about a year now. I got my hands on the flx and it flipped right out of the box and has not changed at all. I can depend on that disc to make a slow right turn and glide for a ways. I prefer the Z or thats the one I usually pick up the most.

i have a Z and a cryztal. The cryztal is very flat and slightly less stable and alot less glide. The Z is my favorite by far.

Elite Z. It's the one disc mold that is in all three of my bags and all of them are Z. If you like that then branch out to others they're good too but the Z is the best Avenger SS plastic imo.

Latest posts