• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is a Winter Discer?

Do you play winter disc golf?

• Yes!

Votes: 104 77.6%
  • Nope

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • I've done it a few times, but not alot

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters
Did not get out as much this winter as last, more snow this winter. Always bad weather on the weekends, which kills it for me. Going out tomorrow though, they are calling for 38 glorious degrees!

I usually get some rounds in, but man, this winter has been rough. Snow all season and the cold was stupid. Spent most of Feb and March in single digits. Can't wait for spring......about July.

I think the coldest I threw in this year was in the neighborhood of -12 with the wind chill. I spent most of my winter playing Fire Fighters in Troy if you know where that is.

I was fine until Feb. I enjoy the mid to upper 20's, but below 20, not so much for me... especially if it's windy.

Of course.... But I am in the south- do we really have a winter here? There was snow on the ground and 70 degrees a couple days ago

Played today at Rosland Park, Edina, MN. Wonderful 42 degrees and the snow is melting. Wind was up a bit however still a blast to be out.

In NH, I only played an occasional ice bowl, and this year, a couple team challenge events.

The cold doesn't bother me too much, but the snow on the ground just sucks all the fun out of it for me.

After moving to VA in January, I've played quite a few rounds in very spring-like conditions.

I played a ton in the Wintwr in Atl but I also played in the snow in MN and WI in the now and it was fun though I wish I'd had some ribbons!

When the snow gets deep I tend to switch to playing super class rounds so I don't have to hunt for my disc under the snow, but it takes pretty extreme weather to keep my wife and I from getting out for a round.

It's easy to play all winter up here in the PAC NW. The average daytime temps this winter have been in the upper 40's to low 50's. We haven't had measurable snow all winter and only once last winter. February was pretty wet, and I don't like to play in rain heavier than moderate, but I still got out at least 4-5 days a week, with many of those days dry. No bees, no stinging nettles either.

The worst is if the wind blows more than 25-30 mph, because thats when some of the trees can come down, and i'm talking about 100 footers, and you don't want to be out there when that happens.

winter dg

Winter golf is great in Mn. No bugs, poison ivy, and most important, no douches :) Your average chucker won't step foot on a course with temps below 50

plus f you leave a disc on the course, Most likely it will be there the next tine.

winter? I think I remember that coming around here before, but it's been awhile:gross:. Play year round in Cali.:clap::hfive:

Latest posts