• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wisconsin

Planning stages for a NEW course near Green Lake in Zobel Park are under way! They have applied for a grant and it appears that the holes have been layed out, but beyond this I don't know. See the link for the most info!

http://www.co.green-lake.wi.us/uploads/meetings/09June08Minutes.pdf

Also, click below to comment or donate towards the cause!

http://dartford.blogspot.com/2009/02/green-lake-disc-golf-zobel-park.html

NEW INFO!!! "the course will be a championship course with 18 holes there will be 3 pin locations for each hole and 2 tee pads for most holes."

Now, we just need to get the Waupun "course" moved to Waupun County Park and make it a real course!

pd

BIG MACK said:
I can't wait to get over to Sandy Point, in Lac Du Flambeau this summer. I've heard the course is awesome!

It's best to go in spring or fall as they have a beach that people use and they close a couple of the holes.

Update on Zobel Park:

The design is on paper, but no holes are cut in yet. The budget is quite small & they're going to rely on volunteer help to get most of the work done. If you are at all interested in helping, shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you on work dates and what not. There is going to be a walk-through the weekend of the 21/22 (not sure which date yet).

pd

I played Elver Park in Madison today and have a few questions. What is a good score there from the long tees? Why did it seem like everyone I saw was shooting from the short tees?

FINALLY!
Funding has been approved for the front 9 at Duck Pond in Fontana, WI. Keep watching the board for the grand opening date as the more people that come the more likely we are to get the back 9 soon after.

The front 9 is technical with lots of s curving and tight fairways.
The back 9 will be about a mile of throwing. But with elevation changes, OB, and trees throughout.

Anyone that wants to walk the layout is more than welcome to hit me up to meet.

wdb4th said:
I played Elver Park in Madison today and have a few questions. What is a good score there from the long tees? Why did it seem like everyone I saw was shooting from the short tees?

Elver is where the recreational casual golfers like to hit up. They are the ones usually trying to carry suspicious beverages and pause in between holes to unpack. They are in there for the ace runs and ooh did you see that 200 feet shot. Most of them will never bypass AM2-3 level. You rarely see solid players at elver.

Long Tees scores vary. I can see 1000 rated as a 45 or lower. I'm a scratch 940 rated golfer with two discs. last time i hit elver, i shot a fitty from the longs.

wdb4th said:
FINALLY!
Funding has been approved for the front 9 at Duck Pond in Fontana, WI. Keep watching the board for the grand opening date as the more people that come the more likely we are to get the back 9 soon after.

The back 9 will be about a mile of throwing. But with elevation changes, OB, and trees throughout.

Wahoo!! I definitely will be interested in hitting it up when the weather turns on a positive note.

wdb4th said:
FINALLY!

Grats. I drive right past there when I head up to visit with my father> Guess I'll have to start leaving a bit earlier.

Is the layout shown on Village of Fontana's website the old or the new?

I've been curious about the Fontana course as well, I think it's only like a 30 minute drive from my house. Right now my best option is Anna Page, Lustig doesn't open for at least another month, anything else worth playing is only worth it for an all day trip.

Dag said:
wdb4th said:
FINALLY!

Grats. I drive right past there when I head up to visit with my father> Guess I'll have to start leaving a bit earlier.

Is the layout shown on Village of Fontana's website the old or the new?

It is fairly current. There will be a few changes when the baskets go in.

The Abbey is also planning on getting new baskets this year. And if we get enough traffic at duck pond they will expand to 18. The back nine will be over a mile of throwing.

wdb4th said:
The back nine will be over a mile of throwing.

It will be interesting to see what you have planned for that distance (587'+ /hole avg). Make some true par 4s and 5s with a strategic/shot placement element dictating the elevated par rather than brute distance and you could have something special. Take a look at the Black 9, part of this year's Scandinavian Open course, for an example of what I'd put on my wishlist.

Installing temp pins for the back 9 at duck pond right now. Should be up by noon. Pm me if you want to play. I will be out here until about 6.

wdb4th said:
Installing temp pins for the back 9 at duck pond right now. Should be up by noon. Pm me if you want to play. I will be out here until about 6.

dang, and i just now see this. Bah. Hope it was fun! Next time.

Wow! That sat for a long time without you noticing. I am thinking this afternoon at 4:30 if you are up for it.

wdb4th said:
Wow! That sat for a long time without you noticing. I am thinking this afternoon at 4:30 if you are up for it.
Quicker to email me at wireleskent@g...

I dont check forums as often as I should. Some days i'm quicker, some days dont even sniff a certain category :)

I got out this morning and threw at WSD and now spending the afternoon with the wife.

Puttering around the apt doing some odds n ends, gettin ready to grill, Selling some discs to raise funds for Minn Majestic and introducing wifey to LOTR marathon.

I've played 31 WI courses, here's my faves..

1.Winter Park
2.UW Parkside
3.Vallarta Ast
4. O'Hauser
5. Silver Creek

Honerable mention.. Standing Rocks, Dretzka, Brown Deer

I have'nt played Sandy Point or Highbridge yet but I will soon. :D

Latest posts