• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wisconsin

Attention! Anyone living in or visiting SE WI!

The Quarry park in Sheboygan has been completely overhauled. The layout is still the same except for a couple pro tees that have been changed, but everything else is different.

The course is actually taken care of now. The lower holes are groomed in a manner where you don't worry about losing a disc on every single hole, all paths are lined by fallen timber making it look much nicer, said paths are all woodchips now (no more dirt!), there are garbage cans at every tee, the grooming allows the lower pro tees to actually be played now, there is now a practice basket by the #1 tee, they added bells on blind holes to ring so the next group knows when to throw, there's a shelter between #14 and #15 if you get caught in the rain or just feel like taking a rest, and it's getting better every day!!!

The pro tees are still crushed stone, but they're level now instead of the dangerous ruts they were before. All that's left now is to replace the broken/vandalized tee signs.

In my opinion, the new improvements have created a course better than Vollrath (yeah, I said it), so stop by and check out the new and improved Quarry!

P.S.
ALL the work is done by volunteers. The city just drops off woodchips and lets the golfers do the work, so if you see some one hauling chips, dirt, etc. please go out of your way to thank them for their work, I do every time.

Play on!

Latest posts