• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Your favorite 'NEW to you' disc you've tried in the last 6-12 months?

M3 in 400G plastic. I like lighter wieghts, which is not necessarily the norm. Most mid molds tend to be finicky the lower in weight you go, but not the M3. I'm finding them to be quite controllable, well suited to my playing style. I don't think I've ever seen another player throw M3s, they seem to be a well kept secret.

Discraft Thrasher. Unreal distance in tailwinds and an amazing roller disc. Also great for long wooded shots that you need to flip up and fly with speed.

A couple of gyro molds made my bag in the last year - Volt for S/OS fairway and Inertia for flippy control driver.

Gripenripp was right. The Scale is a game changer. This putter just replaced half my mid range molds and is an incredible approach disc. Only used it a few rounds and it's already a go-to. I can already tell this is the start of a beautiful relationship. (With the disc, not gripenripp lol)

Prodigy F5

I needed something that didn't fade as hard as an F2 for woods tunnel holes.
Now I carry two F5s. A 750 for straight with just a touch of fade at the end and a 400G that I can hyzerflip to flat/anny.
I'd already tried F3s but they tended to turn too much and still fade hard (like an Eagle) more than I wanted.
The 750 F5 is the golden ticket.
The 400G F5 even kicked the Champ Leopard3 out of the bag. It's not quite as long as the Leo3 because it's shallower but it is more controllable.

Im a newb and im one of those guys that started off throwing just drivers...

So after reading the forums here I bought a pair of buzzz. I recently lazer beamed one from the tee, out driving any of my other drivers!

Love me some Buzzz!!!

The Buzzz really is a great midrange ;)

I have no idea why the Stingray's not more popular for woods golf. If I wasn't already throwing the Tursas, the Stingray would be in my bag.

im an innova hater (due to their horrid customer service and inconsistency of their molds) but this thing is so much fun a tiny snap on the wrist and you have a 200ft laser beam and put some mustard on it and you have a beautiful floaty turn over it seems like all the old timers love this disc but the modern players like more torque resistant discs

i actually dont think ive ever thrown the tursas is it like the fuse

Im a newb and im one of those guys that started off throwing just drivers...

So after reading the forums here I bought a pair of buzzz. I recently lazer beamed one from the tee, out driving any of my other drivers!

Love me some Buzzz!!!

i bought an x buzz one of the first 10 discs i ever bought and it changed my game i still bag them to this day they are crazy far for a mid and hold that tight rope

im an innova hater (due to their horrid customer service and inconsistency of their molds) but this thing is so much fun a tiny snap on the wrist and you have a 200ft laser beam and put some mustard on it and you have a beautiful floaty turn over it seems like all the old timers love this disc but the modern players like more torque resistant discs

Haven't thrown the Fuse, so I can't say. I run a tag league for Rec & Novice players and bought a bunch of noob-friendly plastic this year to use as CTP prizes. I picked up both a Stingray and a Tursas on the cheap and threw them for practice. They're pretty similar, with the Tursas being a hair longer and slightly more stable (at least until you break them in, which takes all of a month for Trilogy plastic). Both are great, underappreciated discs for woods play. You don't need to crank on them to get easy distance. That's super handy when you don't have room for a full run-up, or need to shorten your swing to avoid smacking your hand on a tree trunk.

The Tursas is very similar to the Fuse in my opinion

Okay... War Horse bombs. I like it a lot. Call me a torque monkey chucker or whatever IDGAF it's super controllable and long.