• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zuca vs. Delta vs. Gotta Go Carts

Which cart do you recommend:

• Zuca Disc Golf Cart

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Delta Disc Golf Cart

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Gotta Go Disc Golf Cart

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Zuca Backpack cart

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Dynamic Disc Backpack cart

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UKfan

Eagle Member
I currently have a Gotta Go Cart that is almost worn out. I have been watching videos about the other carts and I am not sure whether to get a new Gotta Go Cart or try one of the others. I have read several threads on the Zuca and Delta. None of them seem to mention that the Zuca cart now has foam wheels according to its website. There was an old thread in 2015 which did not specifically mention Zuca. I understand the cost differences which is a factor but is not the most important factor. I am primarily interested in the Zuca Disc Golf Cart or other carts mentioned rather than the backpack carts. I am concerned my bag will not fit on a backpack cart. (I have the second run of Grip bags--I don't remember its model number). However, I am still interested in opinions regarding the backpack cart as well.

I am interested in opinions regarding wear and tear issues as well as issues relating to the ease of transportation from house to car to course. The Gotta Go Cart is somewhat of a pain in this regard. I like that the Zuca cart holds more discs and has potentially more storage space if I add the saddle bags in the future. I am not sure how durable that cart is.

Last edited:
I love my DD Zuca Backpack cart. If I get to a new unknown course that is not cart friendly I can take the backpack out easily and be on my way.

For me it's the best of both worlds. The backpack cart is wider and more stable in rough terrain as well.

Your grip should fit, my c14 fits with plenty of room to spare. My Mahal fit in it too with the side pockets cinched all the way closed. I have a MVP voyager slim in there now. That's my favorite setup so far. I saw a vid of the regular voyager fitting nicely in it. So I'm sure your grip should work out well

Last edited:
Should probably not differentiate between the Zuca Backpack cart and Dynamic branded cart as they are the same thing except for branding.

I've owned all 3. Delta is best made and superior cart for me. GGGT cart was good when I was on a budget and happened to have a bag that would work. The zucca doesn't have a lot of room for personal storage options, like phones etc unless you buy an accessory. It was also a little wider than my delta 10 and the Delta 10 fit my car better. Most if not all courses in my area are cart friendly. IF you live in an area where you may need to bag it every now and then i would opt for a backpack cart. Best of both worlds, just not master of both. For me the Delta has the comfortable seat (like the GGGT cart) with enough disc storage to make it the best cart for me. I also have the 10 which is made of steel, which makes it a tank as far as durability. For me the Zucca was not really durable enough.

I've owned all 3. Delta is best made and superior cart for me. GGGT cart was good when I was on a budget and happened to have a bag that would work. The zucca doesn't have a lot of room for personal storage options, like phones etc unless you buy an accessory. It was also a little wider than my delta 10 and the Delta 10 fit my car better. Most if not all courses in my area are cart friendly. IF you live in an area where you may need to bag it every now and then i would opt for a backpack cart. Best of both worlds, just not master of both. For me the Delta has the comfortable seat (like the GGGT cart) with enough disc storage to make it the best cart for me. I also have the 10 which is made of steel, which makes it a tank as far as durability. For me the Zucca was not really durable enough.

What durability issues did you have with zuca? Also, I have often found that the gotta go cart is often a pain to get in and out of the car. What has been your relative experiences with all of them regarding this issue as well?

I just got a Zuca BP cart and put a PVC frame in it along with either a cooler bag or DD sOldier bag. I also added custom saddle bags that cost $20 and a bike handle grip.

Total cost is around $200 total with a 25% discount. I like the bag. Even in SoCal with brutal courses I havent had trouble getting around, nor does my cart look beat up.

I would go with the BP cart being superior to everything else. Cheap to modify. Fits already existing bags. Wider seat for fat asses like myself.

I just got a Zuca BP cart and put a PVC frame in it along with either a cooler bag or DD sOldier bag. I also added custom saddle bags that cost $20 and a bike handle grip.

Total cost is around $200 total with a 25% discount. I like the bag. Even in SoCal with brutal courses I havent had trouble getting around, nor does my cart look beat up.

I would go with the BP cart being superior to everything else. Cheap to modify. Fits already existing bags. Wider seat for fat asses like myself.

25% discount? :popcorn:

I have had a delta for a year and a half now with no problems. I even bought a zuca putter pouch and accessory bag (bottle holder) and am set. Most people in my area have zucas. One friend says his is made cheap. If you have the momey delta is the way to go. It will last but you will pay more.

RidgeRoller.com save your money the backpacks are coming :) it's the future of dg carts ;)

Motorized carts are not legal in pdga play unless everyone has access to one. And no way anyone would pay for the price tag of a motor cart. No way! . using a motorized cart on some of those mountain courses? No way! . Backpack with a seat that gets mounted to a cart is the future. Mark my words ;) everyone will try coping the RidgeRoller!!!

Not a cart you ride. A cart you push (delta / zuca type) that has an assisted electric motor.

A two wheeled push cart would be nice. I don't particularly enjoy pull carts, but I'd recommend the delta out of the ones currently on the market.

I have a much better time using my jeep stroller :) I think something like a clicgear ball golf cart would be a big hit.

What durability issues did you have with zuca? Also, I have often found that the gotta go cart is often a pain to get in and out of the car. What has been your relative experiences with all of them regarding this issue as well?

The problem I had was with the bag ripping and the pole for the handle was easily bent. The cart got blown over in the wind and landed on the handle. When I picked it up it was noticeably bent. The Zucca's wheels are a touch wider and the cart is taller so it didn't fit well in my car (2016 GMC Terrain) very well with my other gear.

Last edited:

The problem I had was with the bag ripping and the pole for the handle was easily bent. The cart got blown over in the wind and landed on the handle. When I picked it up it was noticeably bent.

After almost 2 years with my Ridge Roller/Zuca I got from Joe directly I still love it. I voted "other " though. Already pre-ordered the new Ridge Roller.

^Like the looks of that cart, very Delta-like.
I have a Joe made Zuca. From what I've seen/heard about the Zuca factory made carts, they have some issues. The wheels coming off, which has been addressed, as I understand. The disc rack is flimsy, IMO. I prefer Joe's PVC rack much better. The tool belt putter pouch is better too.
Now, in comparing to the other brands of carts, I like the height of the Zuca over the Delta & GGGT. The seat isn't a Lazy Boy, but it's still a seat that is always at the ready & won't get left behind.
I did have an issue with the bag itself. From zipping & unzipping, one of the corners of the bag, the zipper was starting to come unstitched. To remedy this, I just bought a whole new Zuca bag from Amazon. It's an easy job of removing the old bag & slipping on the new.
I also modified my cart by adding an umbrella holder, one intended for a golf cart. Also added another smaller tool pouch for phone, keys & such.
All in all, I am very happy with my original Zuca cart.

It comes down to this:

Delta: Wide base and harder to tip or flip. Discs are less likely to fall out. Wider and more comfortable seat. Higher quality parts; less things coming undone or breaking.

Zuca: Base price against base price, it is cheaper. Once accessories added, same price, but more storage. Higher seat. More disc capacity. Easier to replace parts. Easier to modify.

GoCart: Least expensive option. Rugged construction. Best seat. Requires a lot of modifications if you want the same storage as the other carts, but it is basically a frame, so there is a lot you can do with it.

I had a Delta and had no technical issues with it. I only sold it because the storage areas are set in shape, making it impossible to carry my camera equipment unless I attached something to the pole. I ended up going with the Zuca because the saddle bags carry my equipment much better. I can also carry more discs - because you can never have enough backups. However, within two rounds, two nuts and bolts had come loose and I had to head to Fleet Farm for locking washers to correct that issue. The Delta was easier to transport in the vehicle, but on the course, it was easier to navigate unsure terrain with the Zuca. I was also not a fan of the top loading Delta only in that it was annoying to open and close the lid. Often I would leave the lid open and just not bother sitting on it. I am a little more aware of my discs with the Zuca because they are front loading and there is a possibility of them falling out if the cart is tipped too much. It has only been an issue twice, so I guess I am less annoyed by the occasional spill versus always dealing with the Delta lid. I have not had issues with my Zuca tires yet, but I strongly recommend getting a curved valve so it is easier to inflate the tires; assuming you are not replacing them with after market solid tires.

Latest posts