• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

12 year old 3 months in

Looks a little better, keep working on it. It'd be better to video from the other side and down the line.

Pretty sweet. Looks like he has much better form that 90% of people and a lot of arm speed. No need to worry about form, he'll get better and develop with practice.

my 2 cents at least.

I recently bought a 148g diamond thinking that it would be a straight fairway driver to add to the bag. It tends to turnover and anhyzer. Is there a reason for this

its either oat or your over powering it

^^^^ Haha, genius!

Make sure you are keeping the disc nose down. One way I try to do this is making sure the disc is in line with my forearm by pointing my wrist more downwards than its natural position. Try to keep the disc close to your body when you are throwing. Start your run up slow and then accelerate at the last second before your release by moving your arm, upper torso, and hips forward all together. Practice your hyzers, straight shots, and anhyzers. Maybe try some videos behind you and slightly to the left so we can see your form and how the disc flies. Looking good overall!

This is my cousin by the way. :thmbup:

^^^^ Haha, genius!

Make sure you are keeping the disc nose down. One way I try to do this is making sure the disc is in line with my forearm by pointing my wrist more downwards than its natural position. Try to keep the disc close to your body when you are throwing. Start your run up slow and then accelerate at the last second before your release by moving your arm, upper torso, and hips forward all together. Practice your hyzers, straight shots, and anhyzers. Maybe try some videos behind you and slightly to the left so we can see your form and how the disc flies. Looking good overall!

This is my cousin by the way. :thmbup:

Thanks Steven :hfive:

I really need help with my putting as you can see

I would setup a tripod or stand tape yourself throwing from home plate into center field of any of the 10000 ball fields in this country. This way you can see yourself from a better angle.

Your left arm looks like it's getting in the way. Try to tuck it to your side. Also, on the reach-back, try to let the disc pull your arm back instead of the other way around.

Ill be uploading a be vid once it gets above freezing, trying to take the advice

Slow down and focus on smoooooth. You have too much swinging around of the arm/disc instead of pulling it straight through the line you want and keeping the disc close to the chest. Your aiming will change to be more backward and aim with the elbow more. Your elbow should lead the disc down the target line.

I keep trying this but I always end up going back to this because its more comfortable. Is there any specific way to "work on form"

There is no try, only do. Patience and practice, and study film of top throwers compare it to yourself. You haven't been playing long and are fairly young, so those things are in your favor. There is lots of good info out there, you just got to take it in and apply it how you see fit. Check out the technique sticky for starters:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26165

Thanks for all the help and advice, I really appreciate it

Latest posts