• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

12 year old 3 months in

You aren't getting your weight on your front leg properly. Closing the stance more so the plant foot is closer too the left side of the tee than the rear foot and tilting the spine more forward over the disc and front foot/knee should help.

Looking better. You can try and close your stance more planting the front foot a little more toward the left side of the tee and get over top the disc more with your body.

Thx i appreciate all of your much needed help

Looking better. You can try and close your stance more planting the front foot a little more toward the left side of the tee and get over top the disc more with your body.

Is there any drills or games to help this part of my form

Slow down so you can accelerate through the hit. Standstill practice will help much quicker.

Looking a little smoother but too fast and still planting too open with the foot/hips and not getting good weight transfer to the front leg before pushing off the rear foot/ leg. It should help to plant your front foot 6-12" further to the left side of the tee pad and planting big toe first with the heel almost facing the target so the foot is almost backwards and you keep your weight on the inside part of the foot/ feet. You will be basically turning your whole body back further. Once you have planted and feel more weight on the front leg you then push off the rear foot and swing.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4GmQ6EZlZK0
Its getting frustrating to me how guys at league have such horrendus form but can still throw as far if not farther than me. I feel like when i throw my form is good but when i video it it just looks bad. I pretty much know my flaws im just looking for suggestions on how to make it better and drills to work on.

When you say working around the disc do you mean keeping you arm and disc in the same place but moving your body forward?

When you say working around the disc do you mean keeping you arm and disc in the same place but moving your body forward?

Yes, after reading about it in another thread the "move around the disc" has helped me a lot. Move forward, rotate shoulders/turn back toward target while keeping the disc away from your body until pulling through your chest. The weight shift came much more naturally to me once i started moving around the disc, I just had to make sure my front foot was landing in that sweet spot so my body isnt too open.

[edit] To help move around the disc i started pumping my arm and disc on my aim line in front of me before I start my throw. Not sure what you call this, I guess it is kind of like a waggle in golf.

Last edited:
Thx for the help guys, i was getting my blizard destroyers and kraits out to 280-300 in the field today. Now all i kneed is practice and i should be over 300 in a few months