• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

12 year old 3 months in

Saw you tried to embed the video, but when embedding a youtube video, you only put the fDugY4baqg0 (the part after v= in the url) inside the youtube tags

Not the best video angle, but it looks like you are curling your arm into a massive strong arm attempt. You don't turn the hips/shoulders back very far at the max reachback position as your front foot lands. Your rear knee is straight before the power zone, so you can't push the hip through. Your front knee straightens/locks out and spins out of the power zone/front side bracing early. Slow down and stay relaxed and smooth.

Ok so straight across the chest instead of willing it around.

Ok so straight across the chest instead of willing it around.

oh yeah! twist your shoulders back with the reach back of your arm which should also turn the hips with the reach back. Then plant that right foot (90 degree angle!) rotate your booty and start pulling, driving that elbow as far as you can and and generate as much spin as you can and ka-boom.

You have great timing with your current set up though.

And it says you have been playing 2.4 years? Not 3 months.

Last edited:
Yep local disc golfers son. I was the only one with a camera in hand when I came over to pick him up for a round

lol at the end of the vid. The backswing is too forced. Keep the disc stationary and work your body around the disc and keep the disc/arm in straight line and plane to the throwing line.

That away to throw across the chest but he is still not reaching back. His reach back just goes to his left shoulder but it should be really reaching back and pulling straight across chest. Great that he is open and understanding our suggestions! (Especially mine because I have only been playing for 7 months lol)

Latest posts