• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] 150 class RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally a break from the rain today but unfortunately didn't get my Qolf and banzai in to test out. Supposed to be here tomorrow but looks like rain for a week. Can't wait to try em out.

It had been a while since I had thrown my 150 SOLF back to back with my 150 Proline Banzai. I took them out and tested them in a head wind.

The SOLF turned over and drifted off the fairway in about a 7-10 mph headwind, whilst the Banzai just flew straight longer. I was getting more distance out of the SOLF but with a loss of control.

The SOLF is about 7/10 and the Banzai is about 9/10, so this accounts for a little less stability but not that much.

I don't think I have the arm speed to see the big difference on a calm day.

Anyone want to trade a 150QOLF or firebird for a 150 banzai? I got the discs in today and the qolf feels way better in the hand

after messing around with the 150g DX Wombat3, I think I like a beat Roc or a DX Cobra better.
The Wombat3 is just too understable for what I'm chasing. I know how to finesse a disc and the Wombat3 I bought is just too twitchy. I'm wondering if I have a particularly low PLH? My 180g Wombat3s don't have this issue.

If I can find a 150g Champ or Star Wombat3 then I will jump on that. But for now I will rely on my DX Cobras. Cobras are underrated IMO.

after messing around with the 150g DX Wombat3, I think I like a beat Roc or a DX Cobra better.
The Wombat3 is just too understable for what I'm chasing. I know how to finesse a disc and the Wombat3 I bought is just too twitchy. I'm wondering if I have a particularly low PLH? My 180g Wombat3s don't have this issue.

If I can find a 150g Champ or Star Wombat3 then I will jump on that. But for now I will rely on my DX Cobras. Cobras are underrated IMO.

Definitely agree that cobras are super underrated. I feel like that slot is just overshadowed by the comet even though they aren't that similar.

Just checked, and my Star Wombat3 is 173g. I haven't tried a Champion Wombat3, but a 150-class Champ Wombat3 might be fun to try. The Wombat3 lost to the Patrol for the understable mid slot only because the Patrol has a bit more glide. A glidey Wombat3, which a lightweight Champ W3 might be, would be of great interest to me...

The DX Cobra is a good understable disc, as well. I used to bag one for a particular hole on my home course requiring a big turnover/anny throw. If I could forehand well, I'd do that on that hole, but the DX Cobra was great there. Only problem was that the DX plastic on other DX Cobras that I purchased was waxy and cruddy....

Last edited:
I bag two DX W3s in 150g, one very understable for rollers and turnovers with length and elevation required, and one that is more or less stable/neutral. Also a 160g DX W3 for putts and some approaches, and a 164g Star W3 that is the workhorse. Had my third ace with that Star last Thursday all 200-250'.

And like all plastic there are generalities across a given mold, and lower weights are waaay more susceptible to vagaries of technique. Years ago, and still for that matter, I was a big fan of the Cobra. Now in my late 60s and arm speed receding in my rearview, the Wombat is as close to a "magic" disc as the Cobra was for me at one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I threw my somewhat-beat 150g DX Stingray and compared it against my new 150g DX Wombat3.
The Stingray is definitely less understable than the Wombat3. By quite a bit.

I actually forgot how much I like the Stingray. I still like the Cobra more, but the Stingray is awesome.

Hey it's not quite a 150 but I finally got my hands on a 162 fission Volt... very pleased with it... it's little brother the Crave has been awesome I was going to get a 152 plasma if it's available next week when the disc guy comes! I saw he has a 152 Relay as well hmmmm

Has anyone thrown one?

Somehow during my new obsession with 150 class I managed to overlook the fact that relays were molded in 150 class. I swore an oath to not buy any more discs right now but I'm feeling very tempted to break that now. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess not many have thrown a 150 class relay because it looks like they are relatively new.

Yeah that was the first I saw of it and the only one that I found is freaking red.. I already have a red relay, switch, and wave . bah! MVP needs more colors

I ordered a 155g Star Shryke just for fun. I was a little worried after seeing the flaky blizzard like marks on the rim but I was pleasantly surprised with the flight. It has a reliable turn but consistently finishes with a forward fade. It is way more consistent than the lightweight Terns I have thrown. Should be fun to play around with this summer.

Latest posts