• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] 150 class RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that 150 wizards are made because my kids have a couple. discraft makes a z flick down in the 150's that might work for the overstable spot. also SOLF's are money in 150 class. Clear water disc golf has a good 150 selection.

Thanks someone posted a link for the Wizard that's one I needed. Just hope to find a z buzz if it's possible, if I can't find a z predator my 150 CH Firebird will have to work.

Try a lucid air Truth for a 150 class mid like a Buzzz. Also, Prodigy makes their discs in 150 class, all of their mids are too. I have just started monkeying around with 150 mids, been throwing 150 drivers 7-8 years now, maybe longer, and I hoard them when I find some i like.

...can't seem to find a Z Buzz or Z Predator in this weight. Also having trouble finding a 150 Wizard. Are they even made in this weight? ....

Z Buzzz? Never seen it. Doesn't mean it not out there, it's just that I haven't seen it.

Z Pred? I'll be insanely jealous if you find one :) I resorted to Ch FB for this role.

Wiz? They definitely made them, I have at least 20 that I received as payment for artwork I did for Dave McC. I get the feeling that he doesn't make too many because he asked what I wanted as payment and I told him all 150g discs. He tried to steer me away from that. I got the feeling that he didn't want me to exhaust his stock.
I ended up receiving at least 60 150 class discs total :)

Z Buzzz? Never seen it. Doesn't mean it not out there, it's just that I haven't seen it.

Z Pred? I'll be insanely jealous if you find one :) I resorted to Ch FB for this role.

Wiz? They definitely made them, I have at least 20 that I received as payment for artwork I did for Dave McC. I get the feeling that he doesn't make too many because he asked what I wanted as payment and I told him all 150g discs. He tried to steer me away from that. I got the feeling that he didn't want me to exhaust his stock.
I ended up receiving at least 60 150 class discs total :)
I will probably just use the firebird since it flies straight longer like with a delayed fade compared to a normal FB. Wizards I got lucky and pick up two from a local skateboarding shop with their logo on it. My CH Eagle L should be here today or tomorrow from DGC, and I have a Eagle X & L in DX to compliment them. So that leaves the just the Buzz someone mentioned the air Truth maybe this is the answer for the Buzz not sure?

I love Comets. Never seen them in 150 though. When I was all 150 for those years I threw the DX Roc instead. A Roc is a better replacement for a Comet than a Buzzz.

However, I do have many heavy Buzzzes so I know how they fly.
A beat Roc will approximate a Buzzz in flight pattern but not in flight speed, flight height, or in-the-hand feel. If you can adjust for those variables then the 150 Roc is a great substitute because of price and availability.

Sorry I can't recommend any other stable mids. I found the Roc and never needed to look for anything else.

Just got 5 new discs to try out for those stand-and-deliver shots where you can't do much more than flick your wrist. This shot comes up a lot in mountain disc golf especially when you are off the fairway.
DX Wombat3
DX Whale
DX Colt
DX Stud
DX Dart

So far the Dart and the Colt are the standouts. They have to compete against the Polecat for this slot but it'll be a fun process.

Man, I forgot how much I adore my 150 class setup!!! These are so easy to get out to 300'and beyond

Just got 5 new discs to try out for those stand-and-deliver shots where you can't do much more than flick your wrist. This shot comes up a lot in mountain disc golf especially when you are off the fairway.
DX Wombat3
DX Whale
DX Colt
DX Stud
DX Dart

So far the Dart and the Colt are the standouts. They have to compete against the Polecat for this slot but it'll be a fun process.

Man, I forgot how much I adore my 150 class setup!!! These are so easy to get out to 300'and beyond

i got a 150 dx stingray

effortless wrist flicks that glide for days or turn overs such a fun disc for upshots and short drives

i got a 150 dx stingray

effortless wrist flicks that glide for days or turn overs such a fun disc for upshots and short drives

That would be a great one to test against the Wombat3. I ran exclusively 150g discs for 6 years... I still have some Stingrays and Cobras that can get tested :)

Do you use yours often or is it reserved for get-out-of-trouble shots?

My first Polecats were (are) DX 150-class. Definitely great for get-out-of-jail situations with great glide.

The Champ Polecats only came in 175g at the time I got them, so that's what I have. They fly great, also.

I still have a 150-class DX Leopard, which I think came from a starter set or something. It's a bit too flippy for me. A Leo3 in the 150-class might be fun.

My 157g DX Katana is pretty good, but gets beat up in headwinds...

That would be a great one to test against the Wombat3. I ran exclusively 150g discs for 6 years... I still have some Stingrays and Cobras that can get tested :)

i really dont throw mids much anymore

no special reservations on it just as needed

I have been throwing 150s drivers since about 2011 when I got a Star Valk as tourney swag. Every once in a while I experiment with heavier drivers but always come back to 150s.

Currently all of my drivers are 154-159 except a Star TL at 162. Neutron Wave, Pro Wraith, and Plasma Insanity. Occasionally a sacrificial Star Shryke for long water carries.

150s drivers put way less strain on my ragged-out shoulder for FH, and I like having driver weights consistent to avoid problems with early/late releases. Putters and mids in the 150s seem too touchy to me so I keep them in the 165-172 range.

And light drivers let you know if your form is off.

I will use my DX Dragon as a tailwind driver or as a long distance open/more open shot bomber besides as a water disc. It is 150 grams only. I love the Dragon for that as well as some more open style left shots. I have tried the disc as a backhand roller but the mold is not great for that kind of shot due to how light the disc is.

Currently, I have 4 150 class discs in my bag, 3 of those happen to be MVP(Photon, Volt, Crave) and the Banzai(which kicked the 150 class SOLF out) and the 150 class Wave comes in and out.

There are 2 things that MVP does better than anyone else, driving putters and 150 class discs. MVP, make more Fission!

The 150 class discs being at the top might be due to the over mold tech, not the first brand to make such a disc as Wham-O/Discover The World might be the first with the Wham-O Max a hard center disc with a large outer ring of soft rubbery plastic, the discs are large Wham-O Fastback sized discs with a weight of 160-165 for most though some have weight that is super light. The discs are unique in that they have a domed putter shape top with a slow midrange Comet like wing.

used it off the tee today on a hole i normally flick my wasp

dx stingray 150g rhbh made sure i gave it some height so it wouldnt turn and burn it popped up and rode the right drift all the way to the basket and parked it

think the hole clocks out at 220 ish plays l to r

wow, Banzai kicked out an SOLF?!?!?!
I gotta check this out :)

Backhand, they were about equal, perhaps the SOLF may have had a slight edge, but the Banzai releases from a forehand so much cleaner(for me). I can get an easy extra 30 foot with the Banzai on a forehand.

Take note that my favorite discs to forehand are: Sirius Falcon, Z Wasp, Neutron Envy and the Proline Banzai. Norice a trend? They all are beaded or have a raised inside lip... I know, I am strange.

Currently, I have 4 150 class discs in my bag, 3 of those happen to be MVP(Photon, Volt, Crave) and the Banzai(which kicked the 150 class SOLF out) and the 150 class Wave comes in and out.

There are 2 things that MVP does better than anyone else, driving putters and 150 class discs. MVP, make more Fission!

So true! Hear him, hear him!

I forgot to mention this.
I like the R-Pro Darts better than the DX. I was bummed that R-Pro wasn't offered in 150g.
When the 150g DX Dart arrived, it felt very R-Pro like; super happy coincidence.

The 150g Dart is tough to beat... but the Colt is giving it a run for its money :)

Latest posts