• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2011 Ace Race Putter

I played in an Ace Race Sunday and almost everyone hated the disc. It was just too OAT sensitive for most of us. I was able to get it to go straight by hyzer-flipping it, but most just couldn't get it to work for them. Over all, it's a disc that I'll probably never use again.
Fixed. And judging by everything I've heard and read, if this thing is going to get released it's going to be a great form fixer to go along with the Comet.

Fixed. And judging by everything I've heard and read, if this thing is going to get released it's going to be a great form fixer to go along with the Comet.

yeah i love the comet and i think i will like the disc just picked a bad day to have some release issues lol that and our layout was very tough for what the disc can do .. i threw it some after the round and enjoyed throwing it and time will tell but might make the bag. I actually liked the pro-d the best and traded my esp for a backup after the round

Actually it has been released. I compared it to the discs I have and Discmania released the exact same mold last year in their Maniac.

I wasn't real impressed with the discs myself. It wasn't that hard to throw on a hyzer - straight - anhyzer. Throw it in any wind condition and it was a bust.

The Ace Race I went to in Harrisonburg was the weekend the Hurricane hit Virginia. We has steady hard wind with gusts that were insane. It was almost impossible to control. I predicted that the winner would only need a few metal hits to win.

No Aces...

The winner hit metal 3 times.

I thought the disc should be called the "THUD" from the sound it makes whne it hits the ground flat.

Just had our Ace Race recently, most people really liked the disc and a few people wanted extra ace race packs to stock up on the disc. They were kind of what I was expecting from a lid like disc.

They were fun to throw not sure they did anything a rattler could not do. The only issue we had was with the D plastic. These discs were not very durable and got beat up quickly.

Cheers - Koffee

Actually it has been released. I compared it to the discs I have and Discmania released the exact same mold last year in their Maniac.
Hmm? Discraft's Ace Race disc is a beadless Aviar P&A? 'Cause that's what the P1/Maniac is.

Good vid. The Dr Who music was a nice touch, too. They seemed to adapt to the disc better than we did when we played.

I think the Ace race putter, ESP flies feels very similar to a a mako, a little more under stable but a great flip hyzer driving putter for those short anny holes.

They were fun to throw not sure they did anything a rattler could not do.

true on the rattler comment... i find the rattler to be easier to control because it's so slow. the ace race disc can be very hard to range because it is still moving pretty fast at low speeds. it's not hard to put it next to the basket but i found it very difficult to take a good run at the chains without missing by 30'ish. i can run with a rattler all day and it's always inside 20'.

great video and i like the disc. I also really like the comet. the disc might not work well in the wind but if you use it for anhyzers and when you need to the disc to continue to anhyzer. it works great. everyone uses specific discs for specific shots and this disc has its place. it is the best ace race disc probably not but will it find places in peoples bags, i assume so. The people in the video seemed to throw a lot of different shots with it. and this disc is just like the comet, if you OAT, or power it the shot is going to be bad but if you throw it right the disc flys pretty

Do ace race aces count as real aces?

I don't count them. Especially since the aces I had at the Ace Race I won this year were just putts. Some ace race holes we played were in the 100ft range with an obstacle to navigate around. I would have enjoyed it better if they were 200ft holes.

Just gotta say, as I am hosting my Ace Race tomorrow - and played one last week - that I love the disc.

I've thrown it over 300' on a nice pop-flip-and-float line, and it works great for late turnover breaks when thrown on a hyzer. For now this disc is holding the understable putter and understable mid spots in my bag.

I think the Focus and this disc are the best molds made for the Ace Race...can't wait to see what it will be named.