• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

I watched the lead card women the last 18 holes on Sat in person and just saw that video now at home after a 6 hour drive, it almost brought a tear to my eye (after dealing with a family funeral 3 days ago), DG is family too!

Fast forward to 36:15 in this video...and if the next few minutes don't move you and don't show you the true spirit of competition and what it means to be a good human being, then please find another sport.

:clap::clap::clap: Very well said.

Open field foot fault calls are disgusting. The rule is in perfect place to prevent people from gaining a competitive advantage by stepping away from obstacles that might obstruct their throws or footing, as happens when folks let their foot slide a bit to the side of their mini to get our from behind a bush or tree, or try and throw from an extra foot back to get a better angle going up and over something. The calls shown in the video were neither of those, but did show that Champ might be getting a bit bitter that he's not able to hang with the MPOs, and can't even really dominate the masters the way he'd like.

15X? Nope. Just a 12+3, which is still AMAZING, but let's not sugar coat it. It takes away from his amazing 12, I think, by celebrating 15 for Champ, but dismissing the feats of players like Shive and Greenwell, who have also racked up some impressive pro world championships numbers. When we think of the all-time great ball golfers, we certainly don't include their Champions Tour accomplishments. Those are valid successes that should be applauded, but separately from their feats when competing at the pinnacle of their sport.

^^ Here here. Agree with everything you said. Pretty grimey of KC and PB to resort to those tactics. I wonder if they would have done it if the round was being filmed by CCDG or Marty? I doubt it.
As far as junior and masters titles, they are awesome accomplishments but lets separate those from MPO world titles when tallying championships.

As much as you may disagree with open field foot fault calls, they are 100% within the rules. So if Stokely is committing foot faults even without an advantage they are still foot faults and should be stroked. Lobbying to change the rules is an entirely separate venture. Its not on PB and Kenny to change the guidelines.

With that being said, those foot fault calls were entirely petty, and not entirely correct. Their claims that he was "2 and a half" and then "at least 2" feet behind his lies are ludicrous. They are older guys though and maybe their eyesight and judgment isnt that great. In that situation they should not be calling foot faults.

And Brian Graham, please stop using your "I called Kenny on a foot fault the next hole so its all fair and okay" line. It doesn't change anything about those calls from being wrong. Re-evaluate your facebook post about not watching the footage because you were there. People make mistakes. It's okay to grow from it, or admit you may not be as correct as you thought. Standing by the fact that you were obviously 100% correct without concession is helping to paint you as biased and stubborn. Thank you for what you do, but please don't let something petty mar the public opinion.

Yep. Brian Graham obviously only called one on KC once he realized that his facilitating of KC & PB's collusion was caught on tape. I wonder when the last time he called a foot fault was?

Yep. Brian Graham obviously only called one on KC once he realized that his facilitating of KC & PB's collusion was caught on tape. I wonder when the last time he called a foot fault was?

Im sure there was no collusion, and that Brian Graham doesnt have an issue with Scott. I think they made judgment calls that were borderline, and the insistence on being right (and saying he didnt need to watch a video) is what rubbed me the wrong way.

Either way, Congrats Paul on the 4x.

In other news, the Pittsburgh Flying Disc Society is stronger and more united than ever. Nobody is mad at anyone and everyone still loves disc golf. And the club didn't go bankrupt.

I'd say that's a very successful Worlds!!

Chris please tell j Gary and the rest of the crew they did an awesome job.......if the biggest issue from worlds are foot faults and the very very unfortunate car accident from Hokum (both things you guys have absolutely nothing to do with) then you did an amazing job.....we couldn't make it home but the courses looked amazing and we have heard only good things from those who traveled for the event.

In other news, the Pittsburgh Flying Disc Society is stronger and more united than ever. Nobody is mad at anyone and everyone still loves disc golf. And the club didn't go bankrupt.

I'd say that's a very successful Worlds!!

Amazing work Pittsburgh! Had a blast and things were as smooth as silk all week. Courses looked amazing and weather was about perfect!

Open field foot fault calls are disgusting. The rule is in perfect place to prevent people from gaining a competitive advantage by stepping away from obstacles that might obstruct their throws or footing, as happens when folks let their foot slide a bit to the side of their mini to get our from behind a bush or tree, or try and throw from an extra foot back to get a better angle going up and over something.

Nope. The rule is in place to ensure people play from the lie, which is defined as
The spot on the playing surface behind the marker, upon which the player takes a stance in accordance with the rules. It is a line 30 centimeters in length extending back along the line of play from the rear edge of the marker disc.

800.01 Description of the Game

The object of the game of disc golf is to traverse a course from beginning to end in the fewest throws of the disc. The competitor who plays the stipulated round or rounds in the fewest throws plus penalty throws is the winner.

Play on each hole begins at the teeing area and ends at the target. After the player has thrown from the tee, each successive throw is made from where the previous throw came to rest. On completing a hole, the player proceeds to the teeing area of the next hole, until all holes have been played.

Disc golf courses are normally laid out in and around wooded areas with diverse terrain to provide natural obstacles to the flight of the disc. These natural obstacles are very much a part of the game and must not be altered by a player in any way to decrease the difficulty of a hole. Players must play the course as they find it and play the disc where it lies unless allowed otherwise by these rules.

Miss your lie, you've committed a stance violation. Period. Doesn't matter if you miss it by and inch or a mile; doesn't matter if it's wide open or obstructed: you either played from the lie or you didn't. If you didn't, you should EXPECT to be called.

So judging by this new video, it does look like he was foot faulting on the first two shots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-cn5Q1ocmU

And for those of you saying an open field foot fault doesn't matter, think about this- Is there a difference between these two shots:

A. Running up and throwing a distance shot

B. Running up and throwing a distance shot and trying to plant your foot in line with the basket and within the allowed 30 cm

Please tell me how that isn't gaining a competitive advantage if you aren't worried about planting your foot in the line of play and within 30 cm. It is not easy! It takes EFFORT to legally plant your foot.

Nope. The rule is in place to ensure people play from the lie, which is defined as

Miss your lie, you've committed a stance violation. Period. Doesn't matter if you miss it by and inch or a mile; doesn't matter if it's wide open or obstructed: you either played from the lie or you didn't. If you didn't, you should EXPECT to be called.

This is what I don't get. People get so up in arms over rules violations (especially foot faults) and on this instance its pretty clear that Scott was way off on his first throw, his second throw was closer but still not close enough to those watching on his card in real time so they called it again and his third seemed to be just a hair closer but they let it go.

At what point to you begin blame the one who committed the rules violation?

So judging by this new video, it does look like he was foot faulting on the first two shots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-cn5Q1ocmU

^ Agreed, but I'm still unclear where the pin is in relation to the mini? Is there a possibility that he took an angled (right to left) walk-up to the lie and the final placement of his foot, though left of the the mini from our viewing angle, is in line with the pin?