• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

McBeth eagles 10, 8 under thus far. Looking at the folks who have finished, the final 6-hole stretch is the real test, as usual. Several top players who were -8 to -10 going into that stretch, then finished at -4 or -5 by the end.

And just as I post that, Doss posts a 56, going 3 down over the last 6! That ought to secure a spot on the lead card for tomorrow.

McBeth eagles 10, 8 under thus far. Looking at the folks who have finished, the final 6-hole stretch is the real test, as usual. Several top players who were -8 to -10 going into that stretch, then finished at -4 or -5 by the end.

Yup. It's "easy" to have a good score in there, hard to finish the round out tho.

Doss looks to be in great shape, but plenty of excellent players still out. We shall see

Well that didn't take long second or third group maybe? Henrik Johansen already hit an ace this morning!

And an eagle 2 on 18, according to the live scoring!

32OcF4o.png

McBeth had a good thing going until 11 and 12. (a 5 and a 6 on a couple par 4's)

And an eagle 2 on 18, according to the live scoring!

32OcF4o.png

That would be a hell of a way to bookend his round...ace on hole 1, throw-in eagle on hole 18.

Some of these individual hole scores makes me wonder if there aren't some typos going on.

Nate Doss? More like Nate BOSS!

Wasn't someone here saying something to effect of Nate being "too old" to be competitive anymore? :|

After meeting him in person a few years back (nicest pro I've met, and he had just finished a bad round right before I met him), I always keep an eye on his rounds. Glad to see he's tearing it up!

How is that even possible? 16 is a pretty simple par 3? The only way I can picture that is putting back and forth between the hazard and OB several times

That's exactly what I'm thinking.... I keep going back and forth between live scoring and this year's caddy book :D

I followed Doss & Climo around when Doss won Worlds at Highbridge...been been following him ever since, albeit at that time it was because I was throwing primarily Discraft. He's still got great form, but just seems like he's not able to keep up quite the same anymore. Hot round though, and still bogey on 17.

Looking at the scores on 17, players with bad rounds played the hole better than those with hot rounds. Assuming its because players over par needed redemption and finally got it.

Wasn't someone here saying something to effect of Nate being "too old" to be competitive anymore? :|

After meeting him in person a few years back (nicest pro I've met, and he had just finished a bad round right before I met him), I always keep an eye on his rounds. Glad to see he's tearing it up!

I think Sexton and Doss are close in age. Doss has just been near the top for a lot longer so people think he's older lol.

I would like to see the Beast get the grand slam but aside from him, I would much rather see Doss, Sexton, Barry etc. win it.

Latest posts